batteries died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries died

the rubbish batteries I put on a couple of years ago have died yesterday but I thought it was an Immobiliser problem as I drove it fine yesterday morning!
    Went and got a couple of 500CCA this morning and the jobs a goodun... I just hope I havent got a drain somewhere on the circuit.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Prob not, cheap batts are about 50 amp, and they slowly drain under the load of these after time. I got 2 75amp batts from a scrappy and it turns over rapidly now and shows no signs of slowing down after short winter journys.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I think me new ones are 65amp so not great but 90amp Varta ones were loads more dosh.
      I do do loads of short journeys now too so I guess it was gam over.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        I think me new ones are 65amp so not great but 90amp Varta ones were loads more dosh.
        2 65's should be more than adequate. Once every 2 months im puttin them on an overnight charge just to help em out.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

would a bigger / extra alternator work out cheaper in the long run?... i always thought the 3rd gen one looked small.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            would a bigger / extra alternator work out cheaper in the long run?... i always thought the 3rd gen one looked small.
            If you get a couple of good batteries it should be fine larger alternator would require larger batts anyway i think. Mine are just fine on standard altenator.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog

Lincoln batteries in Southend do a pair for around £95 they are well worth it, let me Know if you want detrails or I can help with pick up.

Tony
              www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X