Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again!

Bl@@dy 'ell, my ebay has been hi-jacked again. I don't know how this keeps happening. They had bid on 31 items!

Jacqueline

Ask ebay to suspend your account until it's sorted Jax. Then changed your password when it's up and running again.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Sort it out again with eBay

NEVER EVER respond or reply to any emails (claiming) to come from eBay or Paypal...these fake emails can be very convincing and hence thats how these shits get your account details.

If you want to check up on your accounts... log on to the eBay or paypal home site and check your messages there..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Hi, I've changed my password 5 times now. Changed it yesterday, all was well, then today it comes up invalid name or password and I have to request another change of password. I'm sure this is on the real ebay site not a spoof. When I eventually get in with my new password there's been loads of bids for phones and laptops. I feel really upset as I missed an item I was buying for my sister. I feel like

Jacqueline

Comment

Jax, when you sign into the genuine ebay site it should be a secure site with an https prefix, like this....

https://signin.ebay.co.uk

This confirms that the site is on a secure server.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Download the ebay tool bar and use that,,it lets you know if and when you're on the propper site, we use it and have had nothing untoward happen as yet. Also when you change your password make sure you use numbers and letters in it as this makes it harder to crack.You could also slip the odd capital letter in with it.

Cheers
            Paul

Comment

are you using hotmail? i think they got into mine through that.

i've not answered any emails from ebay and always type in the ebay address into the bar, so i dunno how they do it really??
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I presume you've already scanned your PC for spyware?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  are you using hotmail? i think they got into mine through that.

i've not answered any emails from ebay and always type in the ebay address into the bar, so i dunno how they do it really??
                  no, I'm not using hotmail, it's btopenworld.com. Probably some 10 year old kid in China.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    I presume you've already scanned your PC for spyware?
                    i think it might be off Mrs Slugs computer... whenever i run an anti spyware she says it takes too long and switches it off!!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Mine got hijacked today, somehow they got in through my Hotmail account.
                      All my security is find on my machine, but I've changed all my passwords just in case.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                      X