Landcruiser vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landcruiser vid

Here`s a good vid of series 70 with magic tyres. He has a generous right foot and seems to lap everything up. Anyone know what tyres? This is the vehicle that Landrover were trying to make with the Defender!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlH4m_6Li0
    Last edited by chrisinflight; 29 December 2007, 15:45.
    Powered by Toyota!

they look like BFG m/ts
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Decent make and size M/T's, and lockers. it has a couple of different make tyres on in different pics. But generally they look like BFG's like 'stien said.

Some of the driving is boarderline rubbish.

LR could never build a truck as good as a 70, they are to smug to listen to what people want, only what they want to build.

A defender 90 has solid axles, plenty of flex, no lockers, uncomfortable and small inside, and noisey as hell.
      LC70 has solid axles, plenty of flex, lockers front and rear, comfortable and spacious inside, and quiet to drive.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Search "Fun race 4x4" in YouTube to see Landcruisers being tested
        I Love Wales

Comment

For the 4x4 challenged among us (me) how much better is an LC70 than a Surf....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch

I would not like to say, everything gets stuck, all depends on where you travel. IMO it's about tyres more than anything, maybe clearance next and then things like diff locks and articulation, I guess if you have very good articulation then you would not need diff locks, so maybe articulation in more important?

The arguement could run and run, IMO it's what is more reliable and also has the room for what you want it to do.
            I Love Wales

Comment

In some places a LWB is better than a SWB, I seen 90's etc get cross axled, then a 110/Rangie simply drive over the obstacle like it wasn't there. My next car is the KZJ70... if I can find one that is!
              Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Can you sleep in a SWB or 90, that's more important to me than if I get stuck or not (subject to me being pulled out)
                I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
                  In some places a LWB is better than a SWB, I seen 90's etc get cross axled, then a 110/Rangie simply drive over the obstacle like it wasn't there. My next car is the KZJ70... if I can find one that is!
                  good luck - i've been looking for years, most of the ones you find have been heavily modded and used/abused off road
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
                    Offroad the Cruiser scores better on....

Solid axles = Better axle articulation, shorter rear overhang, most have at least a rear locker standard. AWD as well.

SWB isn't always better, hills and steps are easier in a LWB.

Onroad, Surf is a nicer drive because of the IFS, which limits its axle travel on the front drastically when offroad, LWB makes for better handling, and towing, nicer shape with more usable space inside.

They are 2 very different trucks, built for different things, its like comparing a Defender 90 and a Disco.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X