pc restarts itself 15/20 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Not that I'm one to be pedantic as a rule, , but that is generally termed as a bug or security exploit. The trojan is generally the means via which to access that bug/exploit.

With regards to the switching on/off problem, either fans or P.S.U, (as Jim mentioned), by the sounds of it, especially if it's happening more from cold. Personally, I'd whip the side panel off first and make sure all fans are rotating freely.
    hey will. i would do this.
    and matt you! pedantic! never.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hi, my pc did this and got so bad that I couldn't do anything with it. I needed a new updated router. The problem was the exchange line is very long apparently and more people are using it now.

Jacqueline

Comment

update i got home from my memorial trip yesterday to turn my pc on but it wouldnt start up, anyway after half hour it decided to work n try 20 times before i could get to log on.
        as anyone got a good free trojan scanner programme.
        ive got nod32 anti virus plus a-squared background guard n they both find nothing, im sure its a trojan/worm as when i get pc to load up theres a red line flash up?

Comment

Try this:

Control Panel
          Admin Tools
          Event viewer

Highlight Application and click on File > action > save log file as.

Save this as a .EVT (you can name this anything you like).

Do the same for System.

You can either post the files on here or I will PM you my email address and you can send them there... these files should let you know why the puter is re-booting rather than guessing..

Good luck.
          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Hi Will

Sounds like a failing power supply. The red line could well be the graphics card suffering from a voltage drop.

I might have a spare power supply lying around, will have a look.

What processor are you using by the way?

Also, this might sound stupid but it was the cause of my problems a while back, have you checked the power lead is plugged in fully and that it looks in good condition. Mine had broken at the connector and was causing boot up problems.
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Me again

Try this link for free online scan

http://us.mcafee.com/root/catalog.asp?catid=free
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

does your screen flash blue right before it restarts mate?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                  does your screen flash blue right before it restarts mate?
                  normal black screen where it shows things like bios etc

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                    normal black screen where it shows things like bios etc
                    ok. if it were windows crashing on boot up, you would get a blue screen that quickly disappeared by default.

you could try reseating your ram, and resetting your bios. this is free!
                    to do this, you will have to open your pc up, carefully hoover out all the dust, unclip your ram sticks, hoover or blow away the dust from there then clip the ram back in.

the next thing is to look for either a jumper to reset your bios, or a bios reset button. then either press the button for 5 seconds with the AC lead unplugged, or switch the jumper over and then back again.

if you cant find these then remove the watch size battery and AC lead, and then press the on button on your pc for about 30 seconds to use up any power in there.
                    you will know if its worked because your system time will be wrong.

then if your still getting problems i would then see about replacing the psu.
                    no harm in doing some troubleshooting first.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X