Cowm on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowm on Sunday

If all the pics from the plain run are getting you in the mood (for offroad), and you live near Rochdale, I'm planning my maiden voyage to Comw this Sunday. Would be nice to meet up with other Surfers, particullarly if you're experienced (off roading).

BPSparks...
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Hi,
    I may go- I`ve never been before but I`ve been off-roading quite afew times. One of my cv driveshafts is dodgy after doing the rocky Rivington track last week so if I do I`ll most likely do the easy route. (which would suit you if you have`nt been offroading before and have a std. surf.) I plan on changing the drive-shaft for a second-hand one next week but i`m just dying to go out. What i`ll do is test 4wd tomorrow and see if it will last another trip.
    Will report back tomorrow afternoon.
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Cowm

Hi Chris l was hoping to go but ball joint on idler arm is hanging off and thats one thing l do not have a spare one of, might borrow one off one of my other Surfs if the weather fine on saturday as l am not in the mood for working in bad weather.
      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Morning Bob,
        It`s dry outside now but the forecast says blustery showers all day but fine tomorrow. The weather has not been good for outdoor maintenance. Have`nt done anything to the truck since changing the steering box weeks ago. (I did vacuum all the food and litter from the passengers seating areas!)
        Plan for today between the showers:
        Test 4wd and if OK-
        Re-pack torn CV boot with grease and gaffa tape up.
        Grease prop-shafts.
        Lower torsion bars abit- they are a bit high and will aid the CV angle.

Not much to do but is a lot for a lazy git who hasn`t been out the house since xmas day!
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

weather

Morning Chris weather is not bad this morning but l have been landed with my grandaughter all day, to be honest she is a right pain in the backside when l am trying to work on the trucks, so l have give up trying when she is around.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Know what you mean about kids- sometimes it`s hard to even be on the pc!
            Been outside and had a look at my axle-shaft. It looks like it`s collapsed the outer cv joint as the axle is very loose and flappy and has pulled out of the hub/steering knuckle but wont slide back in. (Does this mean the 2xnuts, lock-washer and axle-shaft circlip have all come off!) This means I wont be going to Cowm tomorrow. Just a note to everybody else- I can only drive it like it is due to having free-wheel hubs installed.
            cheers,
            chris
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Hi Chris
              Just read your message. Shame about tomorrow. We'll have to hook up when you're all sorted out. Seems like you're the closest forum member to me. Good luck w/ fixing your truck.
              BPSparks
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks
                Hi Chris
                Just read your message. Shame about tomorrow. We'll have to hook up when you're all sorted out. Seems like you're the closest forum member to me. Good luck w/ fixing your truck.
                BPSparks
                Hi,
                Slugsie lives in St. Annes and goes off-roading and i`m sure there are afew more members too. The Cowm meets are at the end of each month but there is a Brierfield Quarry meet next sunday I think.
                cheers
                chris
                Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Cool
                  Im in Poulton, about 10 mins from St.Annes.
                  Keep me posted on the Brierfeild trip.
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
                    Hi,
                    Slugsie lives in St. Annes and goes off-roading and i`m sure there are afew more members too. The Cowm meets are at the end of each month but there is a Brierfield Quarry meet next sunday I think.
                    cheers
                    chris
                    Hi Chris Brierfield Quarry might be a better time to meet as "Ohsupremebeing" had to back out of "Cowm" at the last minute, l should be sorted out by then hopefully you will be as well and maybe we can tempt "Slugsie" out as well.

Hilux-Bob
                    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Chris is with me at the moment & he cant go either
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                        Hi Chris Brierfield Quarry might be a better time to meet as "Ohsupremebeing" had to back out of "Cowm" at the last minute, l should be sorted out by then hopefully you will be as well and maybe we can tempt "Slugsie" out as well.

Hilux-Bob
                        Hi, i might be up for the briefeild quarry trip. Its fairly local to me so i know where it is. Its usually £30 for the day instead of the £25 at rochdale.
                        I cant get on to the 4x4 fundays website so cant check the dates.

Ill keep watching if any1 else can check.
                        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Here`s a link for Briecliffe

http://www.briercliffe4x4.com/index.html

Quite a good place, the owner is trying is best to turn it into a 4 x 4 place,(mother and daughter).

It used to be run by this lot-
                          http://www.4x4funday.co.uk/offrd.html

But the land owners got fed up of them making all the money, so have taken it on themselves.

The last time i went there i had to bring the Surf back with a tractor and trailer,

Written Off!!
                          Stella Artois

Comment

Yes, Brierfield is only £20 with £10 annual membership so it`s cheaper than Cowm. Allegedly better as it`s a working quarry so obstacles change weekly.