weres captain Manering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bibs
    So being paid to find body parts is ok?????
    No, I didn't say that, you did.

Most of the mountain and underwater rescue services up here are voluntary.

I've found 2 dead divers in my time, several years apart. One we were looking for and one we just 'came accross'. Both shouldn't have been doing what they were when they died. Whether being paid to do it or not, finding most of someone is not a pleasant thing.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I think he knows that........an I dain't say he wasn't in the wrong either. Trust me - know all about people having to rescue others an risk their lives so would never condone anyone being daft that would put anyones lives at risk. Aint ya ever done anything you regret???

Never mind The Slug. I was going to say something as well. I've noticed he gets into threads, slags people, makes rude comments and then disappears. I dont think he even owns a Surf.
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach
        No, I didn't say that, you did.

Most of the mountain and underwater rescue services up here are voluntary.

I've found 2 dead divers in my time, several years apart. One we were looking for and one we just 'came accross'. Both shouldn't have been doing what they were when they died. Whether being paid to do it or not, finding most of someone is not a pleasant thing.
        same here in Snowdonia its all run by volunteers, nearly ever weekend theres a body recoverd for the hills and streams sorry mountains and rivers, hills and streams are an england thing
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach
          Kind of like the folk we get up here who think "ach, they mean everyone else, not me. I'll be OK, I can climb/cross/drive through whatever it is I'm being told not to; I'm invincible you know..."

Then 3 days later someone who's not getting paid to do it, pulls what's left of their body from somewhere it should never have been in the first place.

Been there, done it; it's not nice...
          Voluntary or not - you know what the job entails and what you might have to face an deal with. Other half is an Airport Fireman an god help him if it really does go pear shaped but thats what he is paid to do an he excepts that.

Rules have changed of late and now it's protect your own life before others, so no one has to risk theirs to save another.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I hate to it but this has to be a nomination for IOTY next year
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks
              Never mind The Slug. I was going to say something as well. I've noticed he gets into threads, slags people, makes rude comments and then disappears. I dont think he even owns a Surf.
              i beg your pardon?.... and you joined when?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i was waiting for that Trev

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    I hate to it but this has to be a nomination for IOTY next year

Well when I had finished chopsing I was going to suggest it for the week, but hey if it warrants the year.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      Its not about longevity mate, its about maturity. Have a look at some of your replies, and you decide. I'm not trying to upset anyone, I somehow think you might be.
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Matt......The slug has been here for along time. He still has a surf but it's not on the road , yes he states the obivious but sometimes it needs some one to do so and yes he can be off with people .........who cares
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Well when I had finished chopsing I was going to suggest it for the week, but hey if it warrants the year.
                          Mud skipper gets the year, Blackpool deserves the week - fancy picking on the legendary slug man

Comment

Hey Trev - wheres the handbags????

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              hand bags at dawn

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
                                ignoring my stupidity for a minute, how can i have had my lights under water and no water in the airfilter, bow wave was washed side ways so was no real help.
                                i swapped mine for a K&N cone filter.

only pic i've got, but shows the position.
                                Attached Files
                                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X