Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weres captain Manering

i have just been i silly boy.
    Llanrwst is about to be flooded! so like a fool i go down to have a look,if any one nows the place there's a bridge that spans the Conwy river, on the opposite side to the town a road leaves the bridge and heads out for about 750 meters on a straight level plain before rising and turning, well this section of road is about 18'' deep so i thought, so i decide to risk it having just seen a honda crv bottle it, Sally wouldnt go with me so off i set, half way along theres a field gate that has been forced open across the road, at this point the force of water flowing across the road was immense and my headlights disappeared under water, all i could think about was the fact that the air intake is behind the n/s light, cr@pping it was an understatement,the truck started to get pushed sideways, any way i got through but had to go back again as i had to pick Sally up, going back i then relised that the water level was upto the top of the wheel arch extensions. when i got through it i poped the bonnet to see what the air filter canister was like (bone dry inside) but everything else was drenched, the foam bit at the start of the air filter behind the lights was soaking even the lights and spots have water in them. how lucky was I, is there no stopping these vehicles.................
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Originally posted by mud skipper
    i have just been i silly boy.
    Llanrwst is about to be flooded! so like a fool i go down to have a look,if any one nows the place there's a bridge that spans the Conwy river, on the opposite side to the town a road leaves the bridge and heads out for about 750 meters on a straight level plain before rising and turning, well this section of road is about 18'' deep so i thought, so i decide to risk it having just seen a honda crv bottle it, Sally wouldnt go with me so off i set, half way along theres a field gate that has been forced open across the road, at this point the force of water flowing across the road was immense and my headlights disappeared under water, all i could think about was the fact that the air intake is behind the n/s light, cr@pping it was an understatement,the truck started to get pushed sideways, any way i got through but had to go back again as i had to pick Sally up, going back i then relised that the water level was upto the top of the wheel arch extensions. when i got through it i poped the bonnet to see what the air filter canister was like (bone dry inside) but everything else was drenched, the foam bit at the start of the air filter behind the lights was soaking even the lights and spots have water in them. how lucky was I, is there no stopping these vehicles.................
    Ooo now that's lucky - What would you have done had ya got stuck????or got washed away?

Oh an who' Captain Manering????
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

your toooo young to understand

if was to have got stuck then that would have been a night mare as the road was closed off to all traffic and i wouldnt of been able to walk it as the current was far to strong. last year when it flooded down there they were air lifting people out
      as i said silly me.........

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
        your toooo young to understand

if was to have got stuck then that would have been a night mare as the road was closed off to all traffic and i wouldnt of been able to walk it as the current was far to strong. last year when it flooded down there they were air lifting people out
        as i said silly me.........
        An Sally would have killed you................

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
          An Sally would have killed you................
          killed me words cannt describe what she would have done

Comment

just the sort of idiot who puts others lives at risk!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              Say what you mean....

Comment

i agree, im the first to mouth off at the stupid ramblers that come to walk in wales and its hills every weekend and need rescueing, to night i could have died and caused the death or injury of others,

Comment

Say what you mean....
                  well, it is a bit daft... we had all sorts here during the summer floods.

there's a ford up the road that people move the "road closed" signs then get stuck in it or washed down the river.... who do they expect to come and rescue them?... and what happens when there's a real emergency and the fire brigade and police are tied up dragging a to$$er out the river!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Say what you mean....
                    True though?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ignoring my stupidity for a minute, how can i have had my lights under water and no water in the airfilter, bow wave was washed side ways so was no real help.

Comment

I think he knows that........an I dain't say he wasn't in the wrong either. Trust me - know all about people having to rescue others an risk their lives so would never condone anyone being daft that would put anyones lives at risk. Aint ya ever done anything you regret???

Comment

Kind of like the folk we get up here who think "ach, they mean everyone else, not me. I'll be OK, I can climb/cross/drive through whatever it is I'm being told not to; I'm invincible you know..."

Then 3 days later someone who's not getting paid to do it, pulls what's left of their body from somewhere it should never have been in the first place.

Been there, done it; it's not nice...
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach
                            Kind of like the folk we get up here who think "ach, they mean everyone else, not me. I'll be OK, I can climb/cross/drive through whatever it is I'm being told not to; I'm invincible you know..."

Then 3 days later someone who's not getting paid to do it, pulls what's left of their body from somewhere it should never have been in the first place.

Been there, done it; it's not nice...
                            So being paid to find body parts is ok?????

Comment

well, it is a bit daft... we had all sorts here during the summer floods.

there's a ford up the road that people move the "road closed" signs then get stuck in it or washed down the river.... who do they expect to come and rescue them?... and what happens when there's a real emergency and the fire brigade and police are tied up dragging a to$$er out the river!
                              we dont have police to attend emergencies in north wales coz they are to busy trapping speeding motorists, mountain rescue and RAF have to do their job up here

Comment

Working...
                              X