Heeeeellllpppp!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeeeellllpppp!!!!!!!

Ive now been standing in the pi**ing rain for 2 hours trying to fit a new rear window motor. The position of threaded holes in the new one ( when held next to the old one) look identical. I however cant get the holes to line up with the one in the frame. Theyre fractions of a mil out and can only get one in, then the others dont line up - very very close though. Is there a trick to doing this??? I have been moving the window up and down manually to get the gears to line up, still no joy.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

One thing you could do is put a screwdriver in the holes (if there metal) an just apply a light pressure an roll it around to open the holes a bit.

Ive done even looked at my motor so i dont know if thats a possibility or not.

sorry mate

Comment

Im about to take a flame thrower to it.
      Thanx for the advise, i might try that, very small space though
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Sit the old one on a piece of paper and mark the hols. Place the new one over the holes marked on paper to see if there is a difference. If there is use a hole expander and widen to suit, if you do this make sure you tighten up the bolts tight as any movement could cause the window to raise and lower on the pi$$. I don't think there is a difference as i put an mr2 one on my old 2nd gen and was exactlythe same appart from the connector which i cut off and replaced with bullet connectors.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          One thing you could do is put a screwdriver in the holes (if there metal) an just apply a light pressure an roll it around to open the holes a bit.

Ive done even looked at my motor so i dont know if thats a possibility or not.

sorry mate
          I think (rod ) meant doing that to the new motor as the bit in the truck has the thread in and doing that with a screw driver means you will kill the thread. Could you drill out the holes in the motor before you offer it up if there is enought tollerence??

Comment

did you do it like i am? from the inside door panel, so the bolts are screwed in from underneath?
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks
              did you do it like i am? from the inside door panel, so the bolts are screwed in from underneath?
              Yes

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                I think (rod ) meant doing that to the new motor as the bit in the truck has the thread in and doing that with a screw driver means you will kill the thread. Could you drill out the holes in the motor before you offer it up if there is enought tollerence??
                the motor has the treaded holes.
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                  Yes
                  thanx
                  going out again, b back in a bit.

any further advice from anyone else would still be appreciated, C U Soon
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

the motor has the treaded holes.
                    Whoops did I get that the wrong way round, sorry (it was a wee while ago)

Comment

Just take the whole regulator out and do it on the bench, it will take 10 mins longer, and a whole lot less frustration.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanx
                        going out again, b back in a bit.

any further advice from anyone else would still be appreciated, C U Soon
                        http://forums.bauchan.org/genu/artic....php?news_id=2 also might help

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Just take the whole regulator out and do it on the bench, it will take 10 mins longer, and a whole lot less frustration.
                          Ive loosened the 4 retaining bolts that hold the whole assembly to the door frame, do i just pull it through the whole in the door?
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Ive loosened the 4 retaining bolts that hold the whole assembly to the door frame, do i just pull it through the whole in the door?
                            Yep, basically. Undo all 4 bolts, slide the mechanism one way to get it out of the window runners, then the other. When it's free of the runners, slide it out of the hole.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                            X