Obtaining Wheel Spacers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining Wheel Spacers????

Where is the best place to aquire wheel spacers? I have been to the usual haunts but they are all sold out!! Think im needin a set now to help make the lift look more proportionate.

Any ideas where to go?

Cheers carl
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Roughtrax and Supertrux have 'em. Think they're about £120 a set.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Fantastic, i thought they were all sold out, ill have a ganders just now.

Also, I was looking on ebay... Iknow I know steer well clear, but i found some that dont have extention bolts, they use existing bolts to anchor the spacer but has its own bolts coming off them in different places evenly between the originals, and they are billet. Would these be worth it or would it still be a no-no

Like these
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Im sure Roughtrax and Supertrux and our Tony dont have any. Last I heard they were in a customs shed somewhere awaiting clearance.

Those ones in your pic look exactly like the Roughtrax Supertrux ones so at a guess would be fine.

Stud size could be different tho. The surf is M12 x 1.5.

Bogus
        Last edited by Bogus; 26 December 2007, 15:36.
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
          Fantastic, i thought they were all sold out, ill have a ganders just now.

Also, I was looking on ebay... Iknow I know steer well clear, but i found some that dont have extention bolts, they use existing bolts to anchor the spacer but has its own bolts coming off them in different places evenly between the originals, and they are billet. Would these be worth it or would it still be a no-no

Like these
          Those are the type you want, the ones to avoid like the plague are them with the hexagonal holes that look like they will do both 5 and 6 stud mountings.
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Mate if you're considering these on Ebay from America they are $72 a pair plus $45 shipping to the UK plus $15 for each additional item, making them $204 ($72 + $45 + $72 + $15). Then there may be custom duty to pay on them.

Much better to wait until Tony or LA Supertrux etc have them back in stock. Bought mine from LA Supertrux and they were spot on (sure Tonys are the same).

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

DO NOT GET THE ONES IN THAT PIC!!

if that picture has been taken directly off the Ebay Auction DONT get them mate,

The holes in the middle wont clear shiz! Ive got Supertrux ones an they have a huuuuge hole in the middle, Those are probably Chevy 6 stud, same P.C.D but different diffs etc.

Comment

Rod's right, but the same seller does have toyota ones listed, in the auction click the 139.7/139.7 option in the little table and it brings up the toyota ones in 1", 1.5" & 2"
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Are they alloy?

I dont know if the roughtrax ones are steel or alloy, but TBH, (and I'm not an expert) I'd be wary about threading wheel studs into aluminium. I just dont think it's man enough for the job of holding a wheel on, particularly a big heavy offroad tyre.

If I was fitting spacers, I'd want steel.

Comment

are TonyN's steel? as im after a set aswell
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I think I remember him saying sometime that they're still, though I might be imagining it!

Comment

as mine is the wife's daily drive i need 100% reliable as i dont have life insurance on her
                        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Excellent thanks everyone, ill get in touch with Tony after the holidays and see how it stands. The ones in the pic where chevy but it was just to represent the type i was after, and yes saw the extended bolt type for £50 they even look weak in the ad.
                          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I beleive if you call Roughtrax and say you are from the forum, you can get the steel ones at a good price. Antway you used to be able to.
                            Philip
                            Still Searching,
                            Dick Whittington

Comment

Mine are Alloy an as ive already mentioned they are the Supertrux ones, Id guess TonyNs an Roughtrax are also Alloy.

I dont know what the studs are made out of, They seem pretty sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                              X