@popeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @popeye

i wonder if u could help.............trev and i bought these light bars as u know...but tested mine yesterday and i have a bank of 4 leds that wont work unless tapped on sidelight,and if u put brake on they go out completly ,its approx 4-5 leds part way thru the tube,and they have a resistor either side of them?

Just out of interest.... have you a link so I can have a look

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
      Just out of interest.... have you a link so I can have a look
      One of these

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        i wonder if u could help.............trev and i bought these light bars as u know...but tested mine yesterday and i have a bank of 4 leds that wont work unless tapped on sidelight,and if u put brake on they go out completly ,its approx 4-5 leds part way thru the tube,and they have a resistor either side of them?
        Have you connected the wires correctly? LEDs won't work if the + & - are reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Have you connected the wires correctly? LEDs won't work if the + & - are reversed.
          yes mate,u have to tap it to make them work

Comment

Maybe a 'dry' solder joint.

A pic would be handy.

Comment

Maybe a 'dry' solder joint.

A pic would be handy.
              thats wot im thinkin especially as there is a resistor either side of the ones that dont work,so either that or a resistor u/s

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                thats wot im thinkin especially as there is a resistor either side of the ones that dont work,so either that or a resistor u/s

I doubt it will be the resistor, unless it actually looks fried!

Comment

I doubt it will be the resistor, unless it actually looks fried!
                  i just want it to work!!!the most aggro i think will be gettin the leds out looks like silicone at each end of tube but it's not,much stiffer??

Comment

bump

Comment

Hi mate, off hand i've no idea but as said probably a dry joint in there somewhere, sounds like a real bugger to find, we have a led flashing light strip decoration (like a string of led's in a hose pipe) half of that suddenly decieded to pack up, if you can remove the sealant and check each joint (on the ones that aint working) may be able to sort it out, are there resistors for each led or a rated one for each end/set, without knowing how there wired it's all guess work, you could try emailing the seller/manufacturer,
                      they are sometimes very helpfull especially in the states, hope you get it sorted out, i'm intending getting one soon as i can afford it,
                      did they work before or have you just fitted em?
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                        Hi mate, off hand i've no idea but as said probably a dry joint in there somewhere, sounds like a real bugger to find, we have a led flashing light strip decoration (like a string of led's in a hose pipe) half of that suddenly decieded to pack up, if you can remove the sealant and check each joint (on the ones that aint working) may be able to sort it out, are there resistors for each led or a rated one for each end/set, without knowing how there wired it's all guess work, you could try emailing the seller/manufacturer,
                        they are sometimes very helpfull especially in the states, hope you get it sorted out, i'm intending getting one soon as i can afford it,
                        did they work before or have you just fitted em?
                        resistor for each bank of 4??

Comment

and not fitted,was tryin it on jump pack

Comment

So it's one bank that dont come on?
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

yep,4 red sidelight,ie dim,if i tap,they come on,but if i put brake on,they go out again?

Comment

Working...
                              X