yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer £4 A Pint And It's All Our Fault !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its just somethin else the pubs need 1st the smokin ban now hi price pint,
    looks like there be alot more people drinkin and smokin in there homes,when that comes in

Comment

I heard 2nd hand from a co-founder of our local brewery that the reason for a possible price increase next year is that the very wet summer this year resulted in a lot of ruined crops, so raw materials are at a premium.

He didn't mention anything to do with biofuels! Thats probably another lie in order to make normal (high tax) diesel look attractive and swell govt coffers and oil company exec bonuses even further. Lying tw*ts!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

like andy, i have also read that it is due to the lack of hops mainly due to the wet weather and flooding.

Comment

Here's a link guys. 2nd paragraph mentions biofuels but other contributing factors are also listed.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
            Here's a link guys. 2nd paragraph mentions biofuels but other contributing factors are also listed.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

Mr Hastings said the price hike came against a general decline in British beer sales, with some 14 million fewer pints a day being served in pubs than in the past.
            prob because they banned smoking in pubs

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
              prob because they banned smoking in pubs
              And maybe to do with the fact that we're looking at £2.80 - £2.90 a pint for locally produced beers here at the mo, whereas its only a couple of years ago, we were well under £2 a pint! Its gone up faster than diesel!

Tax grabbing tw*ts that this goverment are.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                And maybe to do with the fact that we're looking at £2.80 - £2.90 a pint for locally produced beers here at the mo, whereas its only a couple of years ago, we were well under £2 a pint! Its gone up faster than diesel!

Tax grabbing tw*ts that this goverment are.
                yeah i agree lets make our own n call surf ales
                Last edited by pirate-storm; 27 December 2007, 00:15.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                  yeah i agree lets make out own n call surf ales
                  Now there's a thought...

Full range of them...

1st Gen - An old Dark Porter, full of flavour with overtones of peat for those prepared to work to get to know this characterful beer.

2nd Gen - An easy drinking session beer. A bit of a 'do everything' golden beer.

3rd Gen - Lager. Sweet smelling and crisp. Popular with the ladies.

LC60 - A powerful beer. Dark and mysterious. An aspiration and inspiration for fine beer lovers everywhere.

LC80 - The daddy of them all! Steer clear as this India Pale Ale packs a punch! A full 6.2% guarantees unforgettable flavour. Once drunk you'll never go back (eh Boyo? ).

LC90 - A stronger lager with a taste similar to Stella Artois.

FJ - Alcopop for the younger generation.

What do you reckon guys? Anyone know a friendly brewer? Commemorative Toyota ales anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Now there's a thought...

Full range of them...

1st Gen - An old Dark Porter, full of flavour with overtones of peat for those prepared to work to get to know this characterful beer.

2nd Gen - An easy drinking session beer. A bit of a 'do everything' golden beer.

3rd Gen - Lager. Sweet smelling and crisp. Popular with the ladies.

LC60 - A powerful beer. Dark and mysterious. An aspiration and inspiration for fine beer lovers everywhere.

LC80 - The daddy of them all! Steer clear as this India Pale Ale packs a punch! A full 6.2% guarantees unforgettable flavour. Once drunk you'll never go back (eh Boyo? ).

LC90 - A stronger lager with a taste similar to Stella Artois.

FJ - Alcopop for the younger generation.

What do you reckon guys? Anyone know a friendly brewer? Commemorative Toyota ales anyone?

we will all be piratestormed then m8

Comment

So what woiuld the Rav4 be?

Maybe a fruity little cocktail, ugly and half arsed, not a propper drink, but it'll do the job eventually.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Apple growers had the best crop EVER this year- due to the dry spring follwed by a wet summer.

Now call me cynical but I don't expect the price of cider to go down. In fact I expect it will actually track the price of beer.

Remember you read that here first!
                        Last edited by laser_jock99; 27 December 2007, 13:11.

Comment

hear the 'brewers spokesman' on the raido christmas eve discussign this- what a miserable git he sounded. Firstly why make all these announcements-why not just gradually increase and hope no one notices. he also blamed the fact that almost £60m of kegs got stolen last year because metal has shot up in value.
                          Now the thing that struck me as he was saying all this was I have never seen beer so cheap....... Stella at less than 50p a bottle in my local ASDA. why dont the breweries buy it back from the supermarkets, add say 100% mark up, making it £1 a bottle and still leave room for pubs and clubs to sell it form £2 giving them lots of healhty profit!

Comment

We used to go 3 or 4 times a week for a few drinks but each round costs £3-80 for a pint and a half which doesn't sound much until you tot it up over the month. Now we go out on a Saturday afternoon to a country pub, have 3 or 4 drinks and then come home and save a lot of money by drinking at home. My spouse likes a sherry and at our local down the road it used to be about £1-40 for a schooner however a few months ago they hiked the price up to nearly £2-50 for a schooner. We never went back to the local for several months and only because we wanted to wish some people Merry Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                              Apple growers had the best crop EVER this year- due to the dry spring follwed by a wet summer.

Now call me cynical but I don't expect the price of cider to go down. In fact I expect it will actually track the price of beer.

Remember you read that here first!
                              still getting my scrumpy at £5.40 a gallon and i get it mixed to exactly how i like it, though the new batch won't be ready till march

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                                So what woiuld the Rav4 be?

Maybe a fruity little cocktail, ugly and half arsed, not a propper drink, but it'll do the job eventually.
                                1st and 2 gen Range Rovers, first the beer pump fails and you only get a 3/4 of a pint....seconds later the handle on the pint glass snaps off the glass smashed on the floor.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                                X