@ Forum Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Forum Mods

Anyone wanna bet me a fiver that 'Patricia' from 'USA' doesn't actually own a Surf and is registering in order to hawk pills, or let us look at her on her webcam for only $20 a month?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15127

Spammers NEVER rest!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

ooh you cynic
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

If i delete her now then she cant post and you owe me a fiver
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Let her stay!!

for $20 a month .... im interested

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          Let her stay!!

for $20 a month .... im interested
          I thought you wanted her to pay you $30 a month
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

OK then, someone this dyslexic surely is gonna be hawking sh1te!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15158

Comment

i was gonna ask to see her pink bits
              but
              Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Wow!

No less than AT LEAST five spammers joining up right now! What is it with these losers?!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15189

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15190

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15188

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15187

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=15186

Nigel, is there any way of implementing something that requires MUCH more detail during sign-up to at least make it more difficult for these people?

<edit> Interesting to note that all 5 appeared and started to register at EXACTLY the same time, despite 'being in different countries' and all 5 disappeared at exactly the same time too. Is the spamming software becoming cleverer?
                Last edited by Apache; 27 December 2007, 02:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  <edit> Interesting to note that all 5 appeared and started to register at EXACTLY the same time, despite 'being in different countries' and all 5 disappeared at exactly the same time too. Is the spamming software becoming cleverer?
                  They're not really spammers as they're not doing anything.

What's more likely is that they're trying to get better ranking for their websites. Problem for them is that they're not getting their site URLs into their user details.

Google et all rank forums highly, so if a website has its URL in an indexable area of a forum, it gets lots of kudos from the search engines which translates into better ranking.

Just look at what's online just now. I bet there's at least one Google spider and at least 10 Yahoo! spiders indexing this forum.

It's very black hat, but currently it's a very effective strategy. The smarter the forums get, the smarter the bots get. There are even some available that can get round them fancy wee number things.

Double sign up isn't an issue either, just use an auto responder.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

These are not bots registering as when you register you need to read the security code and type it in, bots cant do this.
                    As already said slurp spiders etc trawl through web sites for URLs etc to get better ratings for them, so people register hoping to get better ratings.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach
                      They're not really spammers as they're not doing anything.

What's more likely is that they're trying to get better ranking for their websites. Problem for them is that they're not getting their site URLs into their user details.

Google et all rank forums highly, so if a website has its URL in an indexable area of a forum, it gets lots of kudos from the search engines which translates into better ranking.

Just look at what's online just now. I bet there's at least one Google spider and at least 10 Yahoo! spiders indexing this forum.

It's very black hat, but currently it's a very effective strategy. The smarter the forums get, the smarter the bots get. There are even some available that can get round them fancy wee number things.

Double sign up isn't an issue either, just use an auto responder.

You might as well have said all that in a different language,It made know sense to me what so ever!!

It must be due to my agricultural up bringing
                      Stella Artois

Comment

Gents No blue pill but a subjet hopefully that will get you hard.

Gents, Ladies,
                        Please excuse the late post.Well after searching the length and breadth of the country. I now find myself a part of the Surf way of life. I love my new SSR X 3.0 TD Surf and short of having to sell any member of my family I am after your help.
                        I find myself in a part of the country that has failed to embrace the Surf. If there are any local lads that can help with me as to what to expect costs for a full service ???????????? I have ordered the parts from Rough Tracks
                        New radiator new brake disks new belts and filters and new timing belt to boot anything I have missed off please let me know.
                        I have also replaced the silly boy racer exhaust plus the 3rd part of the exhaust too as the former owner thought this was a good idea to miss out ????????????????????
                        Well as a novice owner I will not comment only that it has cost me more money .I fail to mention the belts and the oil filter and fuel filter come with the total tally the only saving grace was Tesco's at 240 fully comp.
                        Right well I shall say good night anyone wanting to get in touch in the local area.
                        Please give 01388459841 a call if their is a women on the end of the line don't be fooled she is the spawn of Satan and ask for John A interested in Recaro interior too yes I know hard to find but I have been saving my pennies
                        Any dramas please email johnatkinson@hotmail.com

Thanks for your interest and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

John A
                        "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                          These are not bots registering as when you register you need to read the security code and type it in, bots cant do this.
                          They can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spambot

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            It's very black hat
                            Grey.

Comment

Originally posted by johnaki1 View Post
                              plus the 3rd part of the exhaust too as the former owner thought this was a good idea to miss out
                              Yep, tis a good idea. Like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X