Changing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing up.

Hi all on the forum and merry Christmas especially to the guys and gals that run this godsend!
    Could someone tell me why my auto box on my 3.0ltr 93 has suddenly started to change up the gears at 3.000rpm and doesn't seem want to change to O/D at all? I'm hoping this is just a fluid issue!

many thanks

Me to!

Otherwise its a ECU issue. Had it in the past on another truck.

Is the O/D light flashing? If it is the O/D solonoid or wiring are duff. Otherwise you could be in trouble with the ECU, especially if the rest of the gearchanges are screwed up as well.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Have you checked the AT fluid then?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Me to!

Otherwise its a ECU issue. Had it in the past on another truck.

Is the O/D light flashing? If it is the O/D solonoid or wiring are duff. Otherwise you could be in trouble with the ECU, especially if the rest of the gearchanges are screwed up as well.
        No O/D light not flashing but the 4 wheel drive no longer engages via the switch and no light either but that has been the sme for ages! I've just hydrolocked my VW caddy 02 van so I could do without anymore problems!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          Have you checked the AT fluid then?
          To be honest I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to or what fluid to put into it.

Comment

Go for a little drive (until the engine warms up), then park up and leave the engine running. Change through all the gears, leaving it in each for a couple of seconds, then put it back in park. With the engine still running, pop the bonnet and you should be able to see an orange dipstick. Pull it out, give it a wipe, stick it back in, pull it out (like any other dipstick....) and have a look. You should have clear red fluid up to the line that says warm. If it is dirty or burnt smelling, it needs changing. If it is below the line it needs topping up. Drive to the garage and buy the stuff on the shelf that says 'automatic transmission fluid'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              Go for a little drive (until the engine warms up), then park up and leave the engine running. Change through all the gears, leaving it in each for a couple of seconds, then put it back in park. With the engine still running, pop the bonnet and you should be able to see an orange dipstick. Pull it out, give it a wipe, stick it back in, pull it out (like any other dipstick....) and have a look. You should have clear red fluid up to the line that says warm. If it is dirty or burnt smelling, it needs changing. If it is below the line it needs topping up. Drive to the garage and buy the stuff on the shelf that says 'automatic transmission fluid'.
              Thanks for info Sancho, I'll give it a shot this afternoon.
              Merry Xmas.

Comment

Working...
              X