and it was all going so well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and it was all going so well...

I have spend pretty much all day wotking on my truck today with a mate and one of the last jobs was chucking the wheels on having swapped out the brake pads and I snapped a stud.

I searched for posts on here but its gonna be a job after chrimbo now as Roughtrax is closed.

Just a couple of questions that I could do answering. When I dropped off the sump guard there appears to be an addition radiator I presume this is for the auto box? How easy is this to drop off as I cant get anywhere near my front rad to drop the coolant out?

Also tried to fit my A Bar and cant seem to find how it locates up front. It looks like it should be fairly simple as the is locating pins there but it doesnt seem to sit anywhere near the chasis.

And finally while it was jacked up my mate picked up how much play was in the front passanger side wheel. I pretty sure this was caused by me bashing it about in Bala any thoughts what the most likely part that has gone and needs replacing?
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
    I have spend pretty much all day wotking on my truck today with a mate and one of the last jobs was chucking the wheels on having swapped out the brake pads and I snapped a stud.

I searched for posts on here but its gonna be a job after chrimbo now as Roughtrax is closed.

Just a couple of questions that I could do answering. When I dropped off the sump guard there appears to be an addition radiator I presume this is for the auto box? How easy is this to drop off as I cant get anywhere near my front rad to drop the coolant out? Air con rad

Also tried to fit my A Bar and cant seem to find how it locates up front. It looks like it should be fairly simple as the is locating pins there but it doesnt seem to sit anywhere near the chasis.Missing the brackets??

And finally while it was jacked up my mate picked up how much play was in the front passanger side wheel. I pretty sure this was caused by me bashing it about in Bala any thoughts what the most likely part that has gone and needs replacing?Steering ideler , trackrod end or wheel bearingin that order
    Front or rear stud
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Cheers for that mate.

Front sadly.

What to the brackets look like?

Comment

wont the a-bar fit onto where you got the 2 hooks on the front?

Comment

Cheers for that mate.

Front sadly.

What to the brackets look like?
          Will take a photo tomorrow........and for the stud
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26496
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks for that.

There is a picture of my type of A Bar on this thread. It has these brackets attached to the A bar but thats it.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2310

Comment

I have the same bar, i've just fitted.
              Will post up a pic of brackets later when the wife gets home from shopping!(they are missing from your second pic)
              They attatch to the underside of the font chassis rails, where the towing hooks are normally located.
              Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                I have the same bar, i've just fitted.
                Will post up a pic of brackets later when the wife gets home from shopping!(they are missing from your second pic)
                They attatch to the underside of the font chassis rails, where the towing hooks are normally located.
                Alan
                really?where did u get it from???

Comment

At the underside next to the recovery points, you should see either two brackets or four holes in the chassis rails - this is where you attach your A bar

The other 'radiator' is for your A/C - I took mine out as it was always full of mud.....

I'll leave the stud conversation with Woodzie......
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

These are the brackets I have.

Nev
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                      You still looking for a bar?
                      I have the 3" bar roughtrax used to sell maybe letting it go
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                        These are the brackets I have.

Nev

Thats the ones.......cheers nev saves me putting up a pic
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Cheers guys yup I can see how those would make it easier to fit. My mates idea of duck tape probably wouldnt support the weight of the spot lights. I have emailed the guy i got the bar from to see if he still has them.

Cant make my mind up on the Surf whether I need to replace the bushes or the steering idler.

Any ideas of how i can check. I gotta say when I was undewr there yesterday it was getting dark and raining so didnt get much of a decent look.

Comment

Cheers guys yup I can see how those would make it easier to fit. My mates idea of duck tape probably wouldnt support the weight of the spot lights. I have emailed the guy i got the bar from to see if he still has them.

Cant make my mind up on the Surf whether I need to replace the bushes or the steering idler.

Any ideas of how i can check. I gotta say when I was undewr there yesterday it was getting dark and raining so didnt get much of a decent look.
                            Jack up front end and surport . turn n/s wheel and watch ideler for movement on the shaft....You may be able to get away with new bushes from roughtrax
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                              A real nice guy in brighton!

heres the brackets.

before

and after
                              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X