Fuel Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really...
    We are trialing my van on the stuff then we were gonna make our own diesel plant.

I know some of our stuff here would object to SVO. HDi engines don't really go much on it I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
      really...
      We are trialing my van on the stuff then we were gonna make our own diesel plant.

I know some of our stuff here would object to SVO. HDi engines don't really go much on it I don't think.
      Thats right my picasso hdi needed a new pump after bio stuff.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i get about 24mpg roughly with normal derv mix and sometimes i boot it a bit.
        when i did the france run i was getting 27 with 40 litres veg and 10 litres derv with about 10 litres of that mix left in as the light came on. speed was about 55 mph ish for hours

have you checked your fuel pump isnt leaking? mine leaks if i use veg oil with no white spirit mix.

the way i told if i had a leak was to almost run it out of veg and then stick a tenners worth of squirt in. you only have to drive round the corner then you can smell it.
        could be worn fuel lines - i remember someone on here having to have theirs replaced.
        hope you get the problem sorted!

i would say stick some reddex in there but this would cure fuel not getting in propperly so i dunno... lol
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

No diesel leaks.
          Or fuel leaks should I say.

It's just $$$$ fuel economy. I thought my Subaru was bad but I will be using the scoobie more from now on.

And probably selling the surf. I just can't justify 16mpg. That $$$$ just ain't funny!

Comment

something is wrong to do that bad..
            may i suggest you getting emissions tested?

im just guessing here but if fuel system and air intake are perfectly fine with no blockages or air leaks then may be its something more serious like rings..

take the induction pipes off and check them over for cracks or splits , etc. look over the turbo for play or serious leaks (can you hear it spin?) spin it yourself with your finger see if its free spinning..
            you fuel economy for a 2.4 is saying help me
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'm getting better mileage than that and I've got fuel pi55ing out of my pump.

Check the injectors are OK, they may not be shutting down properly between squirts.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                I'm getting better mileage than that and I've got fuel pi55ing out of my pump.

Check the injectors are OK, they may not be shutting down properly between squirts.
                this seems more feasable than worn rings
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                  this seems more feasable than worn rings
                  The amount of curry I've eaten lately, reckon I must be suffering from that.

Economy - not a word I'd ever use in the same paragraph as 'Surf'
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    The amount of curry I've eaten lately, reckon I must be suffering from that.

Economy - not a word I'd ever use in the same paragraph as 'Surf'
                    lol
                    ive found an excellent recipie.
                    go to asda, and buy korma curry paste in the jar.
                    on the back it says use 1/4 of the jar. dont do that, use the whole lot! the taste is so nice! its spicey but it doesnt burn too much unless you eat quick.

and the aftertaste is very satisfying.

might have a ruby later on the way out the club
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X