Fuel Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Economy

I've just worked mine out after knowing exactly how much has gone in and how many K's I did.

16.2mpg

And thats 65mph on the dual carriageway and a little bit of running around..

I fear I might not be a surf owner for long...

You should be getting better than that. I get about 18-20 in my petrol one. Pump your tires up to at least 30 and give it a service. (fetches opener for can of worms) You should get better mileage on veg if you fit a fuelcat combi.

Comment

at a steady 100kmh on the motorway,plumb bob and myself achieved just about 30 mpg
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i was gettin that of cheapo morrisons $$$$, noisey startin and lumpy, under powered and $$$$ mpg, ive started addin millers and seen a vast improvement on mpg and performance, not tried any perfomance diesels with higher cetane rating but im sure that my surf like the cetane rating a bit higher than wht morrisons have in theres

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
          I've just worked mine out after knowing exactly how much has gone in and how many K's I did.

16.2mpg

And thats 65mph on the dual carriageway and a little bit of running around..

I fear I might not be a surf owner for long...
          you sure you aint driving a petrol 4.0 litre jeep cherokee ??
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

im 24-27 mpg on mud tyres. me thinks you need to check that out.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

wow, that seems high I think I am getting ITRO 25mpg and that is in very rural area with hills and winding roads and a heavy right foot too, mine is a 2.4

you may be need a tune up, you have a hole in your tank,ha

keep the faith dude Surfin' is the source
              James The Guv'nor
              Why walk when you can Surf!!

Comment

I'm running her on proper de-estrified bio diesel.
                Had a full service as soon as I got her including the air filter. She goes really well. Starts really well. Doesn't smoke.

But there's no way I can live with that mpg. 20-25 I could..

Comment

Maybe you have a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    Maybe you have a leak.
                    tried the bio diesel and whilst being cheap,i got naff all mileage.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I wasn't suyre about it either but the I'm getting the same mileage as usual in my 2.8td Fiat Ducato. Maybe a little lower but like 300 miles to a tank instead of 330...

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
                        I wasn't suyre about it either but the I'm getting the same mileage as usual in my 2.8td Fiat Ducato. Maybe a little lower but like 300 miles to a tank instead of 330...
                        I hate biodiesel!!!!! Its causin alot of probs wiv surfs, i would just go 40% veg against 60% diesel, and you may find it better, the methanol in biodiesel is even killed all seals in the bmw topgear tried to race.
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

have tried svo as the price per litre makes more sense i get between 20/25 mpg i can live with that because the fun you can have off road make up for poor mpg. cheers shaun
                          NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                            I hate biodiesel!!!!! Its causin alot of probs wiv surfs, i would just go 40% veg against 60% diesel, and you may find it better, the methanol in biodiesel is even killed all seals in the BMW topgear tried to race.
                            The biodiesel top gear used had too much methanol in it. I watched it last night

I want to use the biodiesel and not a veg oil mix so that I can put it all through the business.
                            I don't like paying for stuff out of my own pocket unless I really have to. And I don't think that the tax we pay on road diesel is legal. VAT on tax? That can't be right.
                            [/rant]
                            So anyway. I want to run the cheaper stuff which is a bit more environmentally friendly than dinodiesel and I can get my business to pay for it
                            Last edited by J_K; 21 December 2007, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
                              The biodiesel top gear used had too much methanol in it. I watched it last night

I want to use the biodiesel and not a veg oil mix so that I can put it all through the business.
                              I don't like paying for stuff out of my own pocket unless I really have to. And I don't think that the tax we pay on road diesel is legal. VAT on tax? That can't be right.
                              [/rant]
                              So anyway. I want to run the cheaper stuff which is a bit more environmentally friendly than dinodiesel.
                              My veg oil goes through the business LEGIT too, its legal and i get it against earnins same as diesel.
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X