Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol

Had the new surf for a week (2.7 petrol) and just figured out mpg. I have got just over 22 to the gallon. This is pretty respectable for a petrol and I was expecting much worse as I have not done any motorway driving, just commuting to work down B roads and through town. I dont think I was getting any better mpg fom the old 3.0L diesel in a similar week . I am getting the gas in in the new year so I am expecting some relatively cheap Surfin' next year. Has anyone else got any experience with lpg'd surf and what mpg I should expect out of it.

Theres a member called Scuddy in Aberdeen with a 2.7 petrol whicg hes gassed, search for his posts and youll get some ideas

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
      Theres a member called Scuddy in Aberdeen with a 2.7 petrol whicg hes gassed, search for his posts and youll get some ideas

Bogus
      Thanks for that I have a search around

Comment

Sounds really good to me, thats 6ppl cheaper than derv too. Well done and gas is still aroung 54ppl, so itll be like running a car that does 44mpg around town.

Thats good in my book
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I remember gas was 34ppl not so long ago... how comes were getting raped on that when its loads better for the environment to be using that?
          doesn't make sense
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I remember when DERV was a hell of a lot cheaper than petrol. No doubt as more people get on board with gas, as they have in Holland, the government will start to tighten the screw with tax.

If someone invented an engine that ran on CO2 they would still tax it to death.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
              I remember gas was 34ppl not so long ago... how comes were getting raped on that when its loads better for the environment to be using that?
              doesn't make sense

Transport costs getting it to the garage!!! Deisel for the tankers is expensive.

I was buying LPG for my V8 pickup at 28p a liter, only 4 years ago or so.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                doesn't make sense

When ever something becomes popular, it's either banned or taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  When ever something becomes popular, it's either banned or taxed.
                  i know! just look at what happened with all those drugs all those years ago

lemsips almost a 5er a packet!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X