yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are carbon footprints $$$$$$$$ or am i $$$$ at maths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Didn't the free radicals have a top ten hit back in 1994?
    yes vince(where is mainwaring when you need him)

i do believe it was entitled

you only get what you give
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
      yes vince(where is mainwaring when you need him)

i do believe it was entitled

you only get what you give

Sorry, my mistake, it was the new radicals.

As you were................

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200

hidden agenda's,...no !!

just a tax raising exercise (again)
        Aside from the ripping off of the guy in the street and convincing those who believe whats written in the Mirror and the Sun that green tax is 'a good thing' I mean.

Hidden agendas include enabling those people who would LOVE a Cayenne / X5 / Tuareg (but will never be able to afford one) to try to prevent anyone else from having one by hiding behind the green banner. The old 'vehicle envy' thing given social respectability.

There's shades of the creation of a class divide again (which some would want) by the move to heavily taxing goods and pastimes which are supposedly non-green such as flying, driving a big car etc. Taxes will not put off someone who can afford a Range Rover Sport and the fuel to go with it, or has half a dozen exotic foreign holidays a year, but it WILL put an end to ordinary Joe's 3rd hand beat-up Discovery, and his two weeks in Spain with the kids, which I think is what some of the wealthy people in the world want.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          And Ice, there is no more or less water in the oceans. Ice freezes and becomes less dense (thats why it sticks out) - when it thaws, it doesn't increase the volume of water at all. Its still the same, so why would sea levels rise cos (sea-born) icebergs melt?
          The big problem with ice and sea levels isn't with the north pole melting, nor all the icebergs. That only affects the cute cuddly polar bears (who'd rip you to shreds in seconds). It's when the ice caps on land - primarily Greenland and Antarctica melt that the sea levels will rise.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            i have alsways wondered why when reading the paper back at the weather records from like victorian era that they had silly temps. frozen lakes etc... then back even further and im pretty sure i can remember reading they had some silly hot january at like 18c.
            cant remember about any hot summers though
            Last really hot summer was 1976. Spent a glorious fortnight in Torquay and Paignton, my best British summer ever!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Summer before last?

Was bl00dy roasting here in Malvern. Started in April and ran right through to September, and good consistent weeks of sunshine too.

I remeber this because of the amount of time I needed a fan in the bedroom

Comment

Summer before last was a beauty. I remember 2003 being pretty good too. There was a point where they thought the UK would run out of lager and the start had a load of quotes from MPs saying it couldn't be allowed to happen because it is the 'backbone of Britain'.

Back to the point though; all this carbon stuff is valid but, as pointed out, the earth is a closed loop. We cannot 'destroy the planet' just by making a load of smoke. What we can do is destroy life as we currently understand it - human, animal and plant. Actually, that doesn't matter one bit and something else will evolve in time.

IMHO most of the greenies are a bit scared of dying and the idea that humans will die out in the end. I am not sure why they care and I think it is a bit arrogant to not accept that we as a species have grown too 'advanced' and too many to be sustained by our little planet. They would be as well sticking stupid fake tickets on people's second (and subsequent) children, going through people's bins and putting all the recyclable stuff through the letterbox, cutting power cables to unoccupied houses with lights on etc etc.

We are much greener than we used to be and continue to make advances. All new major buildings (in most places)have to demonstrate 20% lower energy use and 10% use of renewable energy, the government is aiming to make the UK 100% renewable energy within the next twenty years, fuels are better, engines are more efficient, we recyle more, waste less and are better educated. In short, we are sorting it out for ourselves as best we can and most green ranters have attached themselves to an issue to make themselves feel important. They should shut up and concentrate on raising their kids properly - which almost no-one in the UK does - the green issue is being dealt with and there is no battle to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                  In short, we are sorting it out for ourselves .
                  Precisely!

We are an intelligent species, with technologies to work on this at our command, and creating further advances on a daily basis (technology currently advances exponentially squared, if you know what I mean...)

(ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kur...rating_Returns)

I reckon inside ten years we'll have licked so called 'climate change' or will actually be controlling the climate ourselves inside 50 years. The human race has many millenia left yet, though our form might be somewhat different to what we conventionally consider as human.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Precisely!

We are an intelligent species, with technologies to work on this at our command, and creating further advances on a daily basis (technology currently advances exponentially squared, if you know what I mean...)

(ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kur...rating_Returns)

I reckon inside ten years we'll have licked so called 'climate change' or will actually be controlling the climate ourselves inside 50 years. The human race has many millenia left yet, though our form might be somewhat different to what we conventionally consider as human.

as in the time machine

Comment

Nah, we're screwed, time to let something else have a go.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Nah, we're screwed, time to let something else have a go.

Exactly - we are but fleetingly 'Number One' species at the moment.

We have been Number One for about 0.00001% of the time that the earth has been formed.

There have been many others and there will be many more - our time is now, but won't always be.

Profound. I'm going to have a beer (even more profound).
                        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I read a book once which went something like this, Dinosaurs roamed the earth for shed loads of years and bred and multiplied and evolved and all that stuff, and one day when theres was plenty of them around a fleet of spaceships came in and harvested them, when the harvest was complete, they planted a few humans. Do you think theres enough around yet or has the heat been turned up to see if the crop will increase ??

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                            I'm going to have a beer (even more profound).
                            Profound maybe. Unusual, not a chance!

Comment

Is'nt a carbon footprint some thing you leave behind you once you
                              have walked on hot coals or is that just burnt skin ?

Chris
                              GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Working...
                              X