Back on the Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the Road

Well, after a few weeks and some major wallet explosion my surfs back on the road.
    Head replaced, it was totally cracked out. New thermostat and new radiator. Local garage done it for £1400 incl.parts.(window also)

Back window stopped working. Went down scrappy and snatched a motor from a Corolla. The same mechanic fixed window, replacing original motor with corolla one, the surf one looked in better shape than the corolla one but the corolla one works. Took the mech 5 hours.
    He said that the surf motor worked but was just slow, may just need a clean out.
    Maybe someone should have a chat to a scrapyard and whip out all the available motors for refurb? Could be lucrative.

Grabbed the steering wheel from the corolla whilst I was there, looks better than a naff wood jaw breaker. Well I think so.

Anyone live in Fife/Dundee area go to Edenside Motors Guardbridge, they're getting to know the surf pretty well.

Anyway, a big thanks for those who helped with some good advice and thanks to the Forum for passing on some gen and letting me let off steam. Cheers.
    Ronnie

Sorry, forgot to ask- does anyone know the correct gas for the Air-con, mine got dumped on changing the radiator, 2.4TD 92
    cheers
    Last edited by whitespider; 8 March 2004, 22:34.

glad you are back on the road mate check this thread out for gas type
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...ghlight=aircon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
    X