Carpet mats for 3rd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet mats for 3rd Gen

Hi there, I am new to this forum and this is my first posting. I bought my first ever Surf 2 weeks ago and I'm sorting out a few things to it. The car didn't come with any mats and one of the wing deflectors was broken, and the stereo has also been removed (along with I suspect the cradle that held it in place). Anyway, it is a 1997 3rd gen wagon and the problem I have found with these is that they are still too new! There don't seem to be any being broken for parts as yet! No doubt in a couple more years they will be plentiful, but in the meantime I was wondering just what parts, if any, are interchangeable between 2nd and 3rd gen wagons?

Can anyone tell me if the mats from a 1st or 2nd gen will fit snugly into my motor, and also will a driver's door wind deflector from an earlier model fit my beast? Same question also for the double din stereo units and holding brackets - can these be used - as I just have a great big hole in my front dash! Hope someone can help me out and many thanks in advance. Regards, Michael

Originally posted by Michael_M
    Hi there, I am new to this forum and this is my first posting. I bought my first ever Surf 2 weeks ago and I'm sorting out a few things to it. The car didn't come with any mats and one of the wing deflectors was broken, and the stereo has also been removed (along with I suspect the cradle that held it in place). Anyway, it is a 1997 3rd gen wagon and the problem I have found with these is that they are still too new! There don't seem to be any being broken for parts as yet! No doubt in a couple more years they will be plentiful, but in the meantime I was wondering just what parts, if any, are interchangeable between 2nd and 3rd gen wagons?

Can anyone tell me if the mats from a 1st or 2nd gen will fit snugly into my motor, Yep.and also will a driver's door wind deflector from an earlier model fit my beast? Possible, but different body shape so don't know Same question also for the double din stereo units and holding brackets - can these be used - No, different fitting on 3rd gens as I just have a great big hole in my front dash! Hope someone can help me out and many thanks in advance. Regards, Michael
    Get one of these they're on flebay about £150 now, i paid £200 a couple of months back for mine but it's better than the £150 ones.

And welcome to the Surfship enterprise
    Last edited by Antshiel; 19 December 2007, 11:37.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Try here or here for everything you are likely to need. Roughtrax is normally better, Milners is normally cheaper.

Comment

The floor mats are discontinued at Toyota, but there are still some about, I just bought a second hand but still packaged and unopened set of 5 OEM factory mats, with the locating clips for about £45 plus postage from jap land

As for the any breakers, if you find any please let me know! I am after some bits!

Stereo fitting, can anyone confirm if the fascia just pulls off with clips or does it have any hidden screws (I am guessing there will be some in the ashtray)

Antshiel I am looking at a double DIN screen too, tempted with the Alpine offering... Do you use if for navigation? I was wondering if the screen was too far from the natural eyeline when driving...
        Last edited by Karma Supra; 19 December 2007, 12:02.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

I don't use for sat nav cos as you said its not really in eye sight for driving, my surround clips on and off, no screws and i wouldn't be able to watch dvd's or tv when driving if i had sat nav on!
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Many thanks guys for the prompt replies and useful links. Antshiel, you advised 'Get one of these they're on flebay about £150 now, i paid £200 a couple of months back for mine but it's better than the £150 ones.' Can you tell me what you are referring to please. Also, Karma Supra you say that you got a full set of mats from Jap land for £45. Can you tell me please how I could go about getting the same. Regards, Michael

Comment

It was on the japanese equivelant of E bay, it was a one off sale I'm afraid.

There are some aftermarket mats with middle bit on UK Ebay, the seller claims they will fit a 3rd gen even though they are advertised for a 2nd...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Mats-in-An...QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if they are worth a try...
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
              X