@ welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do JB,
    i dont do much welding so it should be ok, i've had enough of the old one i have, it'll be nice to see the work for a change as this old'un i cant see a dam thing till it arc's up, prob why my welding's $hite,

my son in law's had a camealeon helmit for ages, pinched it from somewhere, and the bugga wanted to charge me £50 for it, batterys were flat and it looked like a cheapo chinese thing, family!!!!!!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
      i've got my eye on this, is it any good? bearing in mind i aint no professional and wont be doing a great deal of it, as it's solar (with no batteries req) will it work under the truck, in the garage and down the pit? where the sun dont shine?
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=005
      i used one of these ever since i started welding.
      i then went to using a perminant dark one and the auto dark is a million times better. especially when you dont need to weld for long or your welding something that melts away quickly.
      once you get the settings right you can have it so as soon as you press the button it goes black.
      it works BETTER in a pit or under a car.
      and doesnt work so well in sunlight. i think this is because the sun has UV aswell and the difference isnt great enough for the helm to pick it up and go dark.
      it was either dark as soon as the sun hit it, so you couldnt see anything
      or not dark and when you welded you got sore eyes.
      a few times i got annoyed and just carried on welding just to get it done.
      you wont get arc eye if it doesnt go dark because its protective from that even when its turned off or not activated
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
        you there is a very slight delay on the lense darkening.
        there is a setting on the one i had to compensate for this.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Oh well thats that, soddin bids shot up at the last hour,
          there's some fairly reasonable from germany, anyone ever bought from there?,
          if i pay'd by postal order do ya have to have it in euro's or sterling? just a thought,

Comment

DON'T WELD IN INSPECTION PITS . I know of 2 people who did welding in pits and nearly died . Both very badly burned/injured. Fumes from the garage such as petrol , thinners etc settle in the pit and when you strick an arc BANG !! The people I know of where blown upwards into the chassis of the vehicles they were welding , 1 made in half past the front bumber of a van which was an old type chrome one . This smashed his face as he was blown past it and he was jammed between bumper and pit wall.
            Not nice.
            Take care.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

The one I use at work came from here http://www.diywelding.co.uk/product_...3-2F6763A650AC} Good helmet , and the other stuff I have from them is very reasonable priced and next day delivery . Made another order from them today .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                The one I use at work came from here http://www.diywelding.co.uk/product_...3-2F6763A650AC} Good helmet , and the other stuff I have from them is very reasonable priced and next day delivery . Made another order from them today .
                I'll bear that in mind about the pit Rick, cheer's i'm getting "page cannot be found on the link mate, but i'll put the number in and find it, cheer's

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                  I'll bear that in mind about the pit Rick, cheer's i'm getting "page cannot be found on the link mate, but i'll put the number in and find it, cheer's
                  Try here http://www.diywelding.co.uk/ , not had much with links recently . The one I got is £45.99 , but I got it when on offer for £39.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    Try here http://www.diywelding.co.uk/ , not had much with links recently . The one I got is £45.99 , but I got it when on offer for £39.
                    Cheer's Rick, got it now, same prob's with links latley, need some gas to before i get going,

Comment

Working...
                    X