3rd Gen A Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen A Bar

In common with most 3rd Gens Ive seen, the "plastic" chrome insert on the front of the A bar looks a mess as the chrome has kind of tarnished. Anyone come up with any ideas on how to improve the appearance - e.g. painting it?

Also, again "plastic" wheel centre caps have lost some paint down to bare plastic. I assume a simple cure would be alloy wheel paint and acrylic lacquer.

Any advice (apart from bay a 2nd Gen) would be appreciated.

get a 1st gen then
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Have you looked at the thread about starting your surf with a hairdryer? It works much better on the third gen than on others
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
        get a 1st gen then
        how did i know that comment was comeing

Comment

Originally posted by dillypad
          In common with most 3rd Gens Ive seen, the "plastic" chrome insert on the front of the A bar looks a mess as the chrome has kind of tarnished. Anyone come up with any ideas on how to improve the appearance - e.g. painting it?

Also, again "plastic" wheel centre caps have lost some paint down to bare plastic. I assume a simple cure would be alloy wheel paint and acrylic lacquer.

lots of them like mine have been colour coded, not sure if you can make it out in this pick,

centre caps just get wheel silver paint from halfords
          Last edited by mud skipper; 28 March 2008, 14:30.
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Mine's the same colour. Colour coding could be the answer. Just need to figure out how to dismantle it.

Comment

Mine's the same colour. Colour coding could be the answer. Just need to figure out how to dismantle it.
              not sure if it unclips but im sure some one will advise
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

swap it for a second gen!lololol

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
                  not sure if it unclips but im sure some one will advise
                  Give it to Martin (Acepiker) , he made his 3rd gen fall apart at Norfolk with ease .
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Mine has been colour coded BLACK along with the arches/bumpers etc.

Looks spot on!
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X