New stereo,well almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stereo,well almost

Decided that yesterday was the day to fit my new stereo and speakers.
    Firstly I had to accompany the wife shopping.(10mins shopping,2hours looking at things). Got back and thought id have a cup of tea in the warm before I started.1 hour later after falling asleep I decided to start. With the light fading i climb in the truck,pull off the face plate of the old stereo and find that i need pullers to remove the unit.Its a micky mouse unit with no name on it so that will be fun finding the correct pullers. I thought I might as well replace the front speakers with 100mm infinities. that went ok, just had to remove some of the back of the drivers side speaker holder to get the new deeper one in. With a torch, got the trim all back in with the usual couple of left over self tappers. New speakers are great compared to the disintergrated originals. So all thats left to do is replace rear speakers and try and remove the original unit. What a wasted day.

Pain in the butt aint it!

My cd player was screwed in behind all the dash, My last surf didnt have a cd player an unbeknown to me, I just hacked the dash with a knife to get the fhucker to fit

ohh soo bodgy

Where they the speakers i reccomended? Or did you go with others?

Comment

Hi rod, I went with your choice. Like I said, they slid straight in with the exception of the drivers side but no big deal. Cant wait to get the rears in now with the new stereo. I,ll try passing by a local ice fitters and see if they have the pullers for my old unit for a drink.

Comment

cool.

Ive got 5 1/2" speakers under my dash an its SERIOUSLY tight, Wouldn't go that big under there again... plus i had to hack the cr*p outta the heater tunnel that goes to the right hand vent to get it all in...

Ah well,

Comment

Working...
        X