No announcement yet.

Help Spray Painters Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they have been bead blasted they will come up really well an etch primer would be good although I have used hamerite straight onto the metal for years and always got a sticky non peeling result hamerite is designed to go straight onto the metal a good old fasioned synthetic paint.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Never, never ,never lacquer polished alloy. Lacquer is for hair and Alloy doesn't like it. Keep the rims polished, use autosol to buff and believe it or not put some talc on a soft cloth and wipe over. Watch as the gleem sparkles right in front of your eyes.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

if u want a good tip,once u have buffed the lip up,use car wax on the wheel,and it will last ages

Comment

Thanks lads as always the combined experiance on this forum is outstanding
          Brian

Comment

see bro, more or less what I told you to do.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

More or less but your up for an IOTY award u think I'm listening
              Brian

Comment

Thanks.

I know nothing.
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
                  Thanks.

I know nothing.
                  Brian

Comment

my 2 peneth, hope this come accross ok as the acohol is flowing now im off call
                    once you have used up all your elbow grease on the rims if you use tyre shine(auto glym instant tyre dressing is good) then apply and buff the alloys with it as it acts as a anti static coat and stops the build up of brake dust, more immportantly dont use wheel cleaner of any type as you will be back to square one, bare alloy will oxidise as soon as it is clean/unprotected.
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie

only real dumbasses can wriggle in an Octavia gearbox in half a garage.
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
                        only real dumbasses can wriggle in an Octavia gearbox in half a garage.

I never said you wern't lucky

Only kidding mate your always my first help call and you can do no wrong after giving me those lovely wheels
                        Last edited by yoshie; 15 December 2007, 23:24.
                        Brian

Comment

oh right........
                          Alan

Comment

I have an excellent alloy wheel polishing kit for sale if anyone is interested.
                            Alan

Comment

you type to fast i was mid edit
                              Brian

Comment

i use more than one finger.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X