PC World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC World

By Christ, they've no idea. Went in today to see if they sold the Acer L320 on it's tod, as they only advertise it as part of a package, and ended up with them quoting a price of around £450 for it. Just been looking on their site again, as I had a good idea they were talking $$$$$$$$, and they have the L320 and a TFT monitor listed for around £410. £450 my arse. Anybody actually bought just the base unit from there? If so, what is the actual price?
    Last edited by MattF; 13 December 2007, 22:17.

no i havent,and wudnt buy from there!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      and they have the L320 and a TFT monitor listed for around £410. £450 my arse. Anybody actually bought just the base unit from there? If so, what is the actual price?
      is that a new Mitsubishi Warrior type thing?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        no i havent,and wudnt buy from there!
        Normally, I wouldn't either, but truth be told, PC World is cheaper than actually going direct to suppliers for some equipment, ironically. It's a sod when a retailer can give a better price than a supplier on certain equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
          is that a new Mitsubishi Warrior type thing?
          Trust you to think of a gay off roader.

Comment

I took one of these into PC World in Bristol once, to get a cable so I could set it up on site.......

http://www1.alcatel-lucent.com/enter...SHJHFMCYWGQTNS

You should have seen their faces.....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hi, had to get a new tower recently (June actually)
              Compaq SR5027 cost was £350....think they are selling it with monitor & speakers for that price now, at the time we saved around £90 as already renewed the monitor/keyboard/router etc, but we have just had to renew the sound system £25 from themselves.
              I think the longer term cost effectiveness is to buy the package and e-bay what you dont want perhaps.
              What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                I took one of these into PC World in Bristol once, to get a cable so I could set it up on site.......

http://www1.alcatel-lucent.com/enter...SHJHFMCYWGQTNS

You should have seen their faces.....
                I'd love to have been there when you went in with that.

As soon as you deviate from what they know, i.e: trying to flog you a package, you're battling with 'em all the way, ain't you? The lad today was a nice enough lad, but jeez, why can't they understand that you know exactly what you want and and that no, you don't actually want or need cr@p Like Norton AV or such stuff.

Comment

After my recent experiance, I anit every buying a ready made computer again, much too expensive. The most expensive bit of the build was the sudden fly to PC World cause I'd ordered the wrong PSU, and that cost more that the CPU!
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by meooo
                    I think the longer term cost effectiveness is to buy the package and e-bay what you dont want perhaps.
                    I just begrudge buying stuff I don't want or need because you can't get sense out of them. They've managed to turn a simple question and reply into an uphill battle. I know they do it, but I'll be damned if I can get a true answer out of them over cost.

Comment

I'd love to have been there when you went in with that.

As soon as you deviate from what they know, i.e: trying to flog you a package, you're battling with 'em all the way, ain't you? The lad today was a nice enough lad, but jeez, why can't they understand that you know exactly what you want and and that no, you don't actually want or need cr@p Like Norton AV or such stuff.

The first guy just sort of looked at me - the others came along to look and when I told them what it was, and that all I needed was a null modem cable one of them tried to tell me that it wouldn't work with one of those, so I suggested he came on site with me and set it up instead - as he clearly knew what to do........
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

By Christ, they've no idea. Went in today to see if they sold the Acer L320 on it's tod, as they only advertise it as part of a package, and ended up with them quoting a price of around £450 for it. Just been looking on their site again, as I had a good idea they were talking $$$$$$$$, and they have the L320 and a TFT monitor listed for around £410. £450 my arse. Anybody actually bought just the base unit from there? If so, what is the actual price?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-L3...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                          After my recent experiance, I anit every buying a ready made computer again, much too expensive. The most expensive bit of the build was the sudden fly to PC World cause I'd ordered the wrong PSU, and that cost more that the CPU!
                          I know what you mean. The only reason I'm deviating from building a system myself this time is for the fact that it's going to be the eldest lads Christmas present, and I know he'd prefer a compact unit over a standard tower/desktop.
                          If I can't make any headway with these muppets, I'll end up getting one of the shuttle boxes, which is fairly compact, and does have some, (although slight), expandability, but I think he'd prefer the Acer of the two.

Comment

HELLO??

Comment

hi
                              Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              HELLO??

Comment

Working...
                              X