RAV oxygen sensor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAV oxygen sensor problem

Hi, I have a question re.Rav4 post cat oxy sensor.The car is showing a fault code for a faulty oxygen sensor and has lit the 'check engine' light on dash. I have ordered a replacement Denso part (as is fitted on car) from the USA which was £53 as a pose to £162 from Toyota. My question is this,Is it ok to drive with faulty sensor and warning light on (about 350 miles per week) untill replacement arrives or can it cause further problems? Thanks

Originally posted by sniper
    Hi, I have a question re.Rav4 post cat oxy sensor.The car is showing a fault code for a faulty oxygen sensor and has lit the 'check engine' light on dash. I have ordered a replacement Denso part (as is fitted on car) from the USA which was £53 as a pose to £162 from Toyota. My question is this,Is it ok to drive with faulty sensor and warning light on (about 350 miles per week) untill replacement arrives or can it cause further problems? Thanks
    it should put the ecu in limp mode as the correct air fuel mixture setting will not be achieved.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
      it should put the ecu in limp mode as the correct air fuel mixture setting will not be achieved.
      Hi surfenstein.Would you notice much difference in limp mode as the car appears to drive as normal,it is my wifes car and she seems to think it is driving as normal?

Comment

Originally posted by sniper
        Hi surfenstein.Would you notice much difference in limp mode as the car appears to drive as normal,it is my wifes car and she seems to think it is driving as normal?
        you should notice a difference.but i dont really know enough about the rav4 to say for definate.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

i think u will be fine,be just like drivin with the choke perm out,so more juicy,put it this way,it will go,but with my company hat on"can't let u drive it sir"

Comment

Working...
          X