No announcement yet.

rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same problem, and it was a combination of things.

There is a channel along the bottom of the glass that the mechanism pushes against. it has little wheels that run in it and push the window up. it had corroded and all the bits of rust and dried up grease were pushed to the end, stopping the little wheels. I gave it a clean out with a little wire brush and lubed it with light lithium grease (although thinking about it the bike chain lube might have been better.

Also the rubbers round the side and top of the window were a little $$$$py. I cleaned them with soap and water and then lubed them with holts rubber and nylon lube, a product specificaly for window seals etc.

It worked a charm for a year or two, although it now needs attention again.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
      Folks I now have a large collection of 8mm spanners a shifter, 3 phillips screw driver bits, a torch, a 1/4" spanner pair of long nose pliers and a small pair of mole grips plus 1 of the 3 screws which hold the motor on lost for ever down the inside of the rear door
      Originally posted by Highlander1

I have fixed it and the window shoots up and down now stopping with a firm action but 1 inch short so everythings still getting wet inthe storm but not as bad as it was.
      Are you sure that you got all the bits out in the storm and dark??

Comment

I'm going to haVE ANOTHER CRACK AT IT LADS THANKS FOR THE ADVICE sorry cap locks dam.

But it wont be today too busy.

Cheers JB
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
          I had the same problem, and it was a combination of things.

There is a channel along the bottom of the glass that the mechanism pushes against. it has little wheels that run in it and push the window up. it had corroded and all the bits of rust and dried up grease were pushed to the end, stopping the little wheels. I gave it a clean out with a little wire brush and lubed it with light lithium grease (although thinking about it the bike chain lube might have been better.

Also the rubbers round the side and top of the window were a little $$$$py. I cleaned them with soap and water and then lubed them with holts rubber and nylon lube, a product specificaly for window seals etc.

It worked a charm for a year or two, although it now needs attention again.
          Cheers a wee bit of crud in the bottom corner of the runner thanks
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
          X