rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window

Folks I now have a large collection of 8mm spanners a shifter, 3 phillips screw driver bits, a torch, a 1/4" spanner pair of long nose pliers and a small pair of mole grips plus 1 of the 3 screws which hold the motor on lost for ever down the inside of the rear door cos the glass was stuck in the down position.

The rain is pouring into the rear compartment and I am getting blasted with high winds. The motor works but doesn't turn the gear wheel on the motor which is clearly wobbling around somehow.

Any Ideas there was a thread on rear motor repairs. somewhere.

Cheers JB wet, cold, sore wrists, aching back and with wet carpet.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Cant find the thread Copy Cat did you have pictures of how you repaired the motor someone did.

Cheers JB

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
      Any Ideas there was a thread on rear motor repairs. somewhere.
      It's on matt's tech site http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/index.php
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

think this is it mate
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...w+motor+repair
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Guys where would i be without your computery genious.

Thanks

Comment

In the short term you can swap if with the rear passenger side one, and hold the passenger window up by cable tieing the mechanism. It's easy enough to get that one out.

Comment

Oh my aching wrists I give up cant get in behind the motor to put it back in.

Comment

I went and bought a tiny little 1/4 drive socket set with a ratchet handle only about 2 1/2 inches long. worked in the end.

Comment

What a job probably ok in a garage or with a bit of street lighting but outside in a storm is just orrible. Now the window goes up and down but stops 1 inch from the top anyone know why.
                  Last edited by Highlander1; 13 December 2007, 20:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                    I went and bought a tiny little 1/4 drive socket set with a ratchet handle only about 2 1/2 inches long. worked in the end.
                    Cheers mate I have one somewhere it's finding the thing.

With the window jammed in the down position it was hard going but once I got the window up it was easier.

Hope someone can tell me why it won't go straight to the top.

Cheers JB

Comment

Sorry cant help john

My widows not behaving very well either. It was gettin slower and slower. Now i neeed it give it a help up with my hand. Must go read that thread.

How things anyway?????????
                      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
                        Sorry cant help john

My widows not behaving very well either. It was gettin slower and slower. Now i neeed it give it a help up with my hand. Must go read that thread.

How things anyway?????????
                        Hello mate

Mine was doing that months ago gave the working parts and runners half a can of chain wax bike chain spray stayed on and works really well.

I then found it would only go down not up and it was the relay within the rear tail gate pillar on the near side. i changed the relay and all was well till the rubber spacer inside the motor went and fell apart.

I have fixed it and the window shoots up and down now stopping with a firm action but 1 inch short so everythings still getting wet inthe storm but not as bad as it was.

Good to hear from you hows the tail gate spare wheel carrier coming on.

Cheers JB

Comment

Not done anything with it. Still looks like...................er..... .........a bike

Just changed calipers tonight so that'll do me till the new year. Might splash out and buy a proper wheel carrier!!!!!!!
                          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Does the window go up with help or will it not budge the last inch?

If it will not budge i would be checking that there is not something caught in the regulator or tracks or teeth missing if not that check maybe just sticking and needs more grease/lube.
                            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                              Does the window go up with help or will it not budge the last inch?

If it will not budge i would be checking that there is not something caught in the regulator or tracks or teeth missing if not that check maybe just sticking and needs more grease/lube.
                              Cheers al

I dont think it's missing teeth it zooms up to 1" below the top and down just as easy without needing a push up to help.

I'll check it in day light without the gales up my kilt in the dark.

Cheers JB

Comment

Working...
                              X