@ sumo & dabigman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elvz
    The equivalent weight range of a DAF CF in Mercedes models would be either an Actros 1836 or Axor 2543. Atego models run from the 815 (7500KG) up to the 1823 (17000KG).

The Atego and Axor ranges are due to be replaced by newer models with Euro4 engines this year.
    um ok.

i think the numbers refer to the design weight and engine size, e.g.
    4 wheeler = 18 = 18t design weight
    6 wheeler = 25 = 25t design weight

obviously train weight will depend on plate but usually 40 and 44t

the 36 would be a 360hp motor and the 43 a 430 hp

same with the 7.5t 8t design weight with a 150hp motor

so knowing my luck (and the company) i'll get a 2510! see ya all at 30mph!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The traditional Mercedes model numbering system works pretty much the way you said but the engine power is in Kilowatts so an 1823 is a 18,000KG chassis with a 231KW engine.

Axors are Mercedes' (successful) attempt to sell trucks to 'cost concious' fleet operators like Exel and Tesco so they all have the same cheapo lightweight construction and there is only one 12 litre engine across the range so the usual numbering system doesnt really work on them.

Comment

do they still do the 1635 & 2035 tractor units with eps- electronic power shift
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

I think almost all Actros and Axors are sold with EPS.... seems to be the coming thing as my dealer recently sent me a load of stuff about a similar 2 pedal system on Atego models but I didnt follow it up as ii'm quite happy with the standard models

Comment

Working...
          X