2.4 chipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 chipping.

Just looking on the Diesel bob website an he claims the 'bobbox' denso will increase power/torque by a MINIMUM of 20%

Anyone have any experiance of this?

Its £255 - Which isnt cheap but perhaps an intercooler an a chip could be a wise upgrade?!

I have no plans to sell my current truck an get a 3.0ltr to replace it. an i probably wont.

If i could coax more power out of my current truck, Well i probably wouldn't say no!!

Opinions?

You get the same results for free by turning the screw on top of the fuel pump!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Ohh, Is that it?!?

So, the chip's abit well.... pointless?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        How can you tell if the screw has already been turned by a previous owner?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          Ohh, Is that it?!?

So, the chip's abit well.... pointless?
          You better hope Apache doesn't catch us talking about this. Sometimes he gets very cross.

No-one knows exactly how it works but it effectively turns the screw up. The suspicion is that it is probably a little more sophisticated in that it uses information on throttle position to turn the screw at the right times.

A few people have fitted them and seem to be impressed though.

Comment

Turning screw lets more fuel in, but all the time, regardless of how you're driving, so you go faster, use more fuel and make black smoke all the time.

The bobbox increases fuel when you want to go fast, and doesn't when you driving normally.

Which is why all the 'resistors' on ebay, turning the screw on the fuel pump, messing with the mixture, etc... are a bit rubbish long term, although motors are generally de-tuned for relabilty and MPG, so you can always give them a little boost without to many harmful side effects.

A proper remapping of the fuel supply like the bobbox and others means you only get more fuel when your hoofing the pedal down, and not when normally driving as its works off the throttle position sensor and then adjusts the original fuel metering of the pump to add more when you've got the go pedal down.

To make a diesel go faster is easy, just pour more fuel in it. Getting the right amount of fuel in when you need it and not when you don't is what makes you clever.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Or, and im sure Tony will agree! If you have a 2.4 and you wana go faster, buy a 3.0 litre
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
              X