fao bushwacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fao bushwacker

Hi Guys Just Been Told That English Diesel $$$$s Your Seals Up On The Diesel Pump And As Mine Is Leaking I Either Have To Pay Over £1.000 For It To Bo Re Conditioned Or Try And Find One Very Cheap Somewhere So Basically Im On The Hunt For A Very Cheap Diesel Pump Must Be In Excellent Working Condition If Anyone Has One Please Can You Give Me A Call On 07972267016 Asap Please Guys Cheers Chris

Originally posted by chris barnes
    Hi Guys Just Been Told That English Diesel $$$$s Your Seals Up On The Diesel Pump And As Mine Is Leaking I Either Have To Pay Over £1.000 For It To Bo Re Conditioned Or Try And Find One Very Cheap Somewhere So Basically Im On The Hunt For A Very Cheap Diesel Pump Must Be In Excellent Working Condition If Anyone Has One Please Can You Give Me A Call On 07972267016 Asap Please Guys Cheers Chris
    try diesel bob he is very good for pumps.
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

What year is your truck? fill in the details under your user name.

I'm assuming you have a 1989 2.4 or non EFI if you've been quoted 1000 quid.
      It's not the diesel that $$$$'s the seals, it's the age of them plus veg oil use. seals can be replaced quite easily an relatively cheaply, if a little time consuming, provide you have an EFI engine.

I've sold my pump to Woodzie BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        What year is your truck? fill in the details under your user name.

I'm assuming you have a 1989 2.4 or non EFI if you've been quoted 1000 quid.
        It's not the diesel that $$$$'s the seals, it's the age of them plus veg oil use. seals can be replaced quite easily an relatively cheaply, if a little time consuming, provide you have an EFI engine.

I've sold my pump to Woodzie BTW.
        i have a 2.4 92 model how do you put your car details on mate

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
          try diesel bob he is very good for pumps.
          cheers shaun
          how do i find diesel bob then mate

Comment

i have a 2.4 92 model how do you put your car details on mate

A 92 wont be the mechanical pump so should be cheaper/easier to source/repair etc!

An up in the top left of the screen look for 'user cp' once your in there theres loads of Edit options! an you can find details in there mate!

Comment

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/

Comment

cheers mate i will get to post office today but me lil girls are sleeping at the min mate

Comment

cheers mate i will get to post office today but me lil girls are sleeping at the min mate

No rush at all mate.

Comment

Heres how to replace the top seals on the EFI pump, they're the seals that usually leak through veg oil use...........
                    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

p.s. that link shows the pump removed, but they can be changed without removin g the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                      No rush at all mate.
                      stupid question but how do you tell the difference in pumps mate

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Heres how to replace the top seals on the EFI pump, they're the seals that usually leak through veg oil use...........
                        http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

p.s. that link shows the pump removed, but they can be changed without removin g the pump.
                        ive been told its the main seal on the front by the cam thats leaking

Comment

ive been told its the main seal on the front by the cam thats leaking
                          Get the kit from Roughtrax (about a tenner delivered) it has all the seals in it.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

just looked at that link and it is the same as the pump on mine wwhere are the brackets that hold it to the engine as i will take the pump of my second car im trying to sell for spares and replace the seals on that then put that one on my car sounds like much cheaper option

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                              Get the kit from Roughtrax (about a tenner delivered) it has all the seals in it.
                              im going to sound like a total dip $$$$ now but does it come with every seal for the whole pump mate cheers one more question as just tried roughtrx do you know the part number or how they describe the kit on there site as come back with not able to locate this item
                              Last edited by chris barnes; 10 December 2007, 14:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X