!!!!A cry for help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiffWaff - Your a diamond!

Thanks mate, nice to see so many helpful folk. My Surf is locked in Toyota compound in Elgin, so can't get access to it till Monday earliest.
    I would be extremely grateful if we could arrange a suitable date/time for you to pop over. Are you able to make it through the week at all? That way, I'll get the engineer in Toyota to swiftly remove yours, test on mine, then put back into yours.
    Will make sure that you're not out of pocket regarding fuel etc.
    Would be grateful if you could send me a pm (squipper@telecomplus.org.uk) so we can make any arrangements.
    Thanks
    Martin

Comment

Excellent!

Just keeping this thread at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        if i were closer id happily do it,nothin on tomorow,but alot of deisel from brighton!
        Would have been a nice run out though.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Sorry guys can only make it on Sunday (9/12) as have work commitments and all weekends are full right into the New Year. Hope someone else can help..
          Oh No. Its all going a bit wonky!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
            Would have been a nice run out though.

to right!

Comment

A few months too late for me. Im heading up to Elgin midweek but no longer have a 94 3.0 l or Id have been delighted to help out.

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi........................ .........you're my only hope!

Comment

YEEEEEHAAAA! Back on the road after a long 5 months!

Thanks for all your help guys,

It was the ECU after all. No garage (Even Toyota) could diagnose for sure, but the ECU was always suspected. Anyway, bottom line is that I sent the ECU to 'the-ecu-doctor.co.uk' down in Plymouth. He found all faults, repaired & send back special delivery. Total cost was £160. Bargain considering that a new ECU (Which are now obsolete anyway...even from Japan!) cost in the region of £600-£700. This guy is FANTASTIC, the Ultimate Professional & without doubt highly recommended for ECU faults. He has even given 12 months warranty with it, which is transferrable on sale of vehicle. Another point to mention is that over MAJOR ECU repairing companies in the UK were unwilling to accept it as they didn't have the diagnostic equipment, so the ecudoctor was my final hope.

My repaired ECU has sorted out other faults that I've had for years! Like Overdrive not responding when switched on & off, revs too high when doing 60-70mph (used to feel like it neded another gearchange). Most importantly, fuel economy is better also. Just goes to show that this little ECU is the 'heart' of the vehicle!

Thanks again all & I hope that my feedback may help fellow Surfers some day

Martin

Comment

just read the whole thread and glad your sorted !
                    good to know there is someone for that here somewhere..

reminds me, i will reset my ECU at some point. might give me better fuel economy as well
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

glad you are sorted
                      i only just read this thread - and i live 50mins from Elgin, and drove through it on christmas eve on way to folks
                      Landcruiser Colorado
                      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                        glad you are sorted
                        i only just read this thread - and i live 50mins from Elgin, and drove through it on christmas eve on way to folks
                        I doubt it would have helped, UK 4Runners arn't EFI, yours won't have any of the fuel pump controls.

The ECU Doctor is a great guy, I have used them in the past, and they have an ECU ATM, the first ECU repairer I found to be reliable (and friendly).
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                          reminds me, i will reset my ECU at some point. might give me better fuel economy as well
                          Don't get carried away, its not that clever. You have no O2 sensor, so the ECU never tunes the motor while its running like modern cars. All it does is collect info from various sensors and tell the fuel pump what to do on factroy set specs, it doesn't know what if the fuel pump is listening, or how the motor is running.

The only thing 'resettable' is to clear fault codes if you have the engine check light flashing.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            Don't get carried away, its not that clever. You have no O2 sensor, so the ECU never tunes the motor while its running like modern cars. All it does is collect info from various sensors and tell the fuel pump what to do on factroy set specs, it doesn't know what if the fuel pump is listening, or how the motor is running.

The only thing 'resettable' is to clear fault codes if you have the engine check light flashing.
                            ow
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X