@Philip - Petrol Fuelcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Philip - Petrol Fuelcat

My engine runs a little rough and pinks under power. I noticed the other day that there is the number 100 written inside my fuel filler flap and I am thinking that perhaps I need higher octane fuel in there (like, 100 for instance ).

As I see it, I have two options; drive around all day looking for Shell V-Power and spend even more on fuel or put Redex octane booster in there every time I fill up. The third option, it seems, is a petrol Fuelcat. Am I correct that it's just a bit of metal in a wire basket? And that you chuck it in the fuel tank? And that it works?? Can I just throw it down the filler?

The fourth option is of course to drive around sounding like cement mixer.

Originally posted by Sancho
    Welcome to our world

- 2.4 Owners

=========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      My engine runs a little rough and pinks under power. I noticed the other day that there is the number 100 written inside my fuel filler flap and I am thinking that perhaps I need higher octane fuel in there (like, 100 for instance ).

As I see it, I have two options; drive around all day looking for Shell V-Power and spend even more on fuel or put Redex octane booster in there every time I fill up. The third option, it seems, is a petrol Fuelcat. Am I correct that it's just a bit of metal in a wire basket? And that you chuck it in the fuel tank? And that it works?? Can I just throw it down the filler?

Or maybe check the ignition timing
      Sounds as though it may be a little too far advanced.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
      X