• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2

Its late - an i havent had me tea yet!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris barnes
      can any one help i have a 92 2.4 surf ssrx with a veg conversion on it but just recently i been having a little trouble with it in the sense of it keeps acting like its ran out of diesel ie no power absolute bitch to start etc also occasionally the brake light is lit up on the dash and also the o/d light flashes any one got any ideas as been in garage all this week and still no luck in finding out whats up with it also if anyone wants/needs or knows anyone who wants/needs any parts of a 2.4 j reg let me know as have a full second car to go before xmas
      Anyway.....Back to the point. Brake light is from:

- brake fluid being low
      - brake pads being worn
      - float sensor in fluid reservoir being stuck
      - the handbrake being on

As for starting, maybe glow plugs or injectors? How much veg do you run it on? I think the O/D light flashes when there's a problem with the transmission. Could just be a dodgy connection. Do a search on "o/d flash"

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

Its late - an i havent had me tea yet!!

your still going to get the steering wheel mate dont worry but i need to sell the rest of the car as im sure i can get a steering wheel from a s$$$$ yard to fit mate ill have a word with my dad he works at leckford but i can see when he is next going through romsey it was my missus selling it on ebay as it is her car but if you would prefer i can inquire on cost of postage where abouts in romsey are you mate

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          Anyway.....Back to the point. Brake light is from:

- brake fluid being low
          - brake pads being worn
          - float sensor in fluid reservoir being stuck
          - the handbrake being on

As for starting, maybe glow plugs or injectors? How much veg do you run it on? I think the O/D light flashes when there's a problem with the transmission. Could just be a dodgy connection. Do a search on "o/d flash"
          all or these are fine mate it dont always stay on it comes on one day and not the next but when it does come on its different brightness each time same with o/d light one day its on next its not but its more when o/d light is on that i have a problem i think my surf is haunted lol i run it on 100% veg with auxillary tank in the boot for diesel

Comment

all or these are fine mate it dont always stay on it comes on one day and not the next but when it does come on its different brightness each time same with o/d light one day its on next its not but its more when o/d light is on that i have a problem i think my surf is haunted lol i run it on 100% veg with auxillary tank in the boot for diesel
            No idea on the lights then. Alternator on its way out?

As for the running out of fuel, it sounds to me like a problem in fuel getting through, particularly if you're running on that much fat. I would check the fuel pump first, then the injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              No idea on the lights then. Alternator on its way out?

As for the running out of fuel, it sounds to me like a problem in fuel getting through, particularly if you're running on that much fat. I would check the fuel pump first, then the injectors.
              ok mate cheers anyway

Comment

Presumably you have checked the breather to the tank too, othewise you'd get a vaccum in there wouldn't you?

Comment

your still going to get the steering wheel mate dont worry but i need to sell the rest of the car as im sure i can get a steering wheel from a s$$$$ yard to fit mate ill have a word with my dad he works at leckford but i can see when he is next going through romsey it was my missus selling it on ebay as it is her car but if you would prefer i can inquire on cost of postage where abouts in romsey are you mate

Hello mate, If you can give me an Email address - i'll email you my address etc.

Either way with the wheel mate, Im happy to pay postage etc or whatever your preferance is.

I'd offer to give you my current wheel, but its not a stock Toyota one an im hoping to get a few quid for it on ebay!

Comment

Hello mate, If you can give me an Email address - i'll email you my address etc.

Either way with the wheel mate, Im happy to pay postage etc or whatever your preferance is.

I'd offer to give you my current wheel, but its not a stock Toyota one an im hoping to get a few quid for it on ebay!
                    Why bother just sell it all for free and aviod ebay charges by listing everything in Genral works for Chris maybe we can sell him a blue star??????
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                      Why bother just sell it all for free and aviod ebay charges by listing everything in Genral works for Chris maybe we can sell him a blue star??????
                      you do have a bl00dy good point.i thought you were supposed to put it in
                      the for sale ection and bung the forum a couple of quid,......i thought !!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                        you do have a bl00dy good point.i thought you were supposed to put it in
                        the for sale ection and bung the forum a couple of quid,......i thought !!
                        I 37 posts 30 about selling all over the forum at least have the decency to find out whats what and make an effort to use the forums as intended.

Chris everyone on here welcomes you and will be only to happy to help you but show some respect for the effort that got this site to where it is
                        i.e One of the best ran owners sites on the net. The admin work hard and the members do there best to keep it that way simple but effective.
                        Last edited by yoshie; 7 December 2007, 15:57.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                          I 37 posts 30 about selling all over the forum at least have the decency to find out whats what and make an effort to use the forums as intended.

Chris everyone on here welcomes you and will be only to happy to help you but show some respect for the effort that got this site to where it is
                          i.e One of the best ran owners sites on the net. The admin work hard and the members do there best to keep it that way simple but effective.
                          spot on yoshie ,

its the cheapest advertising you can get and its aimed at the right audience !!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

my email address is cpb_1983@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

firstly i want to appologise to all those who i may have offended as soon as i get my cash flow sorted i will be sure to send a token payment to the forum but could some one tell me how to sorry being a bit dim but really unwell at the moment unable to consentrate so if any spelling mistakes my appologies

Comment

Working...
                              X