No announcement yet.

Winch Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're going to still have a gap? No-one makes stuff to suit a body lifted truck of the shelf.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      You know you're going to still have a gap? No-one makes stuff to suit a body lifted truck of the shelf.

True, but i think with some fab work the T15 would close the gap.

At least... i hope!

Comment

is there no way of exstending the mounting points as you do on a normal bumper to raise it

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
          is there no way of exstending the mounting points as you do on a normal bumper to raise it

Depends on the bumper i guess, I think TJM have seperate winch trays for all there bumpers so the actual bumper itself dosn't need a ton of bracing . (i think!!)

Im not sure what the 4x4rus one would be like.... Not possible is most likly judging by everything else to do with them!

- Nero, you still gunna get yours?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
            Yeah, that what needs to happen, normally cut the old mounts off and make new ones, making sure you make a decent job of it, making the bumper sit 2" higher puts more leverage on the mounts when winching.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Dave, sorry to hear your haveing problems with the winch bumper, it looked
              OK (apart from the gap) in pic's i've seen, what was the trouble exactly? glad ya got a full refund tho,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                can live with the gap tony ,end cap finish is well $$$$ed,
                where they have placed oil cooler,
                said it would be flush fitting they knew about bodylift and said it was no prob ,
                powder coated finish [which is not], recovery points [not there],
                they had to drill new mounting points because the ones they measured never lined up,and charged me extra £150 for the extra labour ie drilling holes in bumper lol
                will be happy to give them back my bumper and get a proffesionally made up one
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

dave,sorry to bu55er off dude,my two tear old fell over and cut all her lips up,had to go to a&e !!!!
                  but shes fine now.
                  i cant even put my alloy one on and give you my grey plastic one as i have to elongate the mounting holes a bit,but till the frame gets here,i dont know how much,have you had any luck with sourcing one ??
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Dave - never mind all that - make sure you pop round for a cuppa this time!

And Graham - hope your little one is OK mate...
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                      dave,sorry to bu55er off dude,my two tear old fell over and cut all her lips up,had to go to a&e !!!!
                      but shes fine now.
                      i cant even put my alloy one on and give you my grey plastic one as i have to elongate the mounting holes a bit,but till the frame gets here,i dont know how much,have you had any luck with sourcing one ??
                      spoke to anton again earlier said hes gonna try get me a steel one from holland but it all depends on cost to be honest,he only has alloy ones in stock [way to much ]
                      if ian gets hes bumper tomorrow perhaps i could borrow hes toyota bumper
                      hope your daughter is ok , did you get the third degree from the nurse ??

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                        Dave - never mind all that - make sure you pop round for a cuppa this time!

And Graham - hope your little one is OK mate...
                        wont be dropping off bumper andy they are sending a courier to collect if i was coming up i would have dropped in for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                          spoke to anton again earlier said hes gonna try get me a steel one from holland but it all depends on cost to be honest,he only has alloy ones in stock [way to much ]
                          if ian gets hes bumper tomorrow perhaps i could borrow hes toyota bumper
                          hope your daughter is ok , did you get the third degree from the nurse ??
                          dave ,andy,
                          cheers dudes the wee one is fine,now asleep and healing,thanks
                          i still have your original bumper dave,perhaps u can reclaim it for a few weeks ??
                          and can you understand why i got really excited at getting an alloy bumper for 150 quid !!

add on the winch frame and its just over agrand (without winch)
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

3rd from bottom, left hand side looks interesting http://www.pwsacc.co.uk/bumpers.htm i guess this is on a pickup but would it fit or would it be easy to adapt?
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                              3rd from bottom, left hand side looks interesting http://www.pwsacc.co.uk/bumpers.htm i guess this is on a pickup but would it fit or would it be easy to adapt?
                              mm wonder ?? poole dorset who lives there

Comment

Working...
                              X