Side Steps on or off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky
    I got rammed in the side once by a lunatic white van man & it saved my bodywork.

Don't think mine will mind so I'll leave um off.....
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      mmmm friday tomorrow might need to borrow your bumper ian [toyota one ]
      welcome to mate, IF mine turns up
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        welcome to mate, IF mine turns up
        ye of little faith they might leave it till next week then send you a bumper with landy indicators and 3 holes drilled in it
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

ye of little faith they might leave it till next week then send you a bumper with landy indicators and 3 holes drilled in it

I honestly wouldn't be suprised at that!!

Joker, you sure they didnt give you Ians because you kept checking up on them? Maybe just to get you off there case?!

the Plot thickens...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            I honestly wouldn't be suprised at that!!

Joker, you sure they didnt give you Ians because you kept checking up on them? Maybe just to get you off there case?!

the Plot thickens...
            nah saw ians bumper on the floor when enquired about them [was willing to pick it up for him ] told that they was using them for a template for other bumpers , might even be better than the one i got
            ps it had surf indicators ,

Comment

nah saw ians bumper on the floor when enquired about them [was willing to pick it up for him ] told that they was using them for a template for other bumpers , might even be better than the one i got
              ps it had surf indicators ,

Ah! well, im glad we got that one resolved quick!

If they were using that as a template why ze feck did they choose to put landy indicators in yours?!

The whole thing is pathetic!! The fact that no switch was made means they made a huuuuge fcuk up of getting the body lift bit sorted out etc.

If they couldve sorted out a bumper that was suited for a 2" body lift, they couldve sold a damn good few!

The option on a full winch bumper that suits a body lift of sorts is really a TJM. I know mine will with almost no real effort!

Such a shame!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                Ah! well, im glad we got that one resolved quick!

If they were using that as a template why ze feck did they choose to put landy indicators in yours?!

The whole thing is pathetic!! The fact that no switch was made means they made a huuuuge fcuk up of getting the body lift bit sorted out etc.

If they couldve sorted out a bumper that was suited for a 2" body lift, they couldve sold a damn good few!

The option on a full winch bumper that suits a body lift of sorts is really a TJM. I know mine will with almost no real effort!

Such a shame!!
                to be honest rod i dont think they was to interested in surfs
                going on about every other 4x4 except surf
                they was in full flow about rangers bumpers or something for a major company

Comment

to be honest rod i dont think they was to interested in surfs
                  going on about every other 4x4 except surf
                  they was in full flow about rangers bumpers or something for a major company

RANGER?!??!???! Mental!

The surfs got a fairly large an growing offroad userbase

Im sure we would all buy more bits that fitted if they were more available.

I know theres more money in disco/defender stuff! sucks

Should go up to daventry so Nigel at L.A.Supertrux can spec up my Tjm an use my truck for mouldings for the arches....

Comment

Back to the step question

My hilux ute is fitted with $$$$$$ strong aftermarket rock sliders, from what you guys are saying is that the surf is only OE fitted with flimsy side steps. Is this case?
                    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8
                      My hilux ute is fitted with $$$$$$ strong aftermarket rock sliders, from what you guys are saying is that the surf is only OE fitted with flimsy side steps. Is this case?

Yeah, pretty much mate!

But in fairness, Toyota probably never imagined such a large off road following for the Surf,

It was a luxury version of a work horse, more power, more features.

If you wanted sliders etc, you got a Hilux... you wanted extra levels of comforts - you got the Surf!

Comment

cheers mate
                        matt
                        Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Working...
                        X