No announcement yet.

Good grief...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you used a land rover for ten years and then a surf i can bet you you whatever you want the surf would cost nothing like what the money eating landrover costs to keep going , they cost fortunes in no time at all because there $$$$ simple as that in fact the only one that could come close to my surf in many ways had fortunes spent on modifacations by the time the bloke had finished spending on it ` you could have purchased 2 new shape surfs

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      As they say in Australia, "If you wanna venture into the bush, use a Landrover. If you want to get back out, use a Toyota!" Nuff said!
      I like:

95% of all Land Rovers ever made are still on the road. The other 5% actually made it home.

Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        I like:

95% of all Land Rovers ever made are still on the road. The other 5% actually made it home.

brilliant i will use that at the next available oppurtunity.
        Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
          brilliant i will use that at the next available oppurtunity.
          Please do, but try and keep it until just *after* you've had to get the Landy to pull you out.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

As they say in Australia, "If you wanna venture into the bush, use a Landrover. If you want to get back out, use a Toyota!" Nuff said!
            I watched an old episode of Clarksons Extreme Machines the other day - the one when he is in the outback.

Of the 4 Discos they used in one week of filming, 3 broke down.

When Toyota took on LR in the 60's in Oz, LR had over 90% of the market. Now they have 2% of the outback 4x4 market. Trendies have got them up to 17% of the city market.

All the people Clarkson met in the bush were driving Toys of some description.

Everyone knows

2nd GEN BLUE SURFS ARE THE BEST....

everything else is just pants......................... ..
            Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 6 December 2007, 17:45.
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
              Everyone knows

2nd GEN BLUE SURFS ARE THE BEST....

everything else is just pants......................... ..
              Mate, you got it wrong it's

2nd GEN GREEN SURFS ARE THE BEST....

everything else is just PARTS...........................
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                Mate, you got it wrong it's

2nd GEN GREEN SURFS ARE THE BEST....

everything else is just PARTS...........................

You are im afraid the 2 most misguided people here, because... and i have this from a reliable and knowledgable authority that 2-doors and the colour burgandy have the perfect mix of style, speed, capability. The whole range hung on this particular mixture.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I'm gonna roll out my old old story of Land Rover horror again...

In my previous job, we had a couple of Discos, a Defender and a Mitsy Warrior.

Once upon a December evening, I had to spend a long, cold, wet time Salisbury Plain in support of an Army trial. I had taken the Defender with all the equipment in the back, got there as darkness fell, with a cramped right elbow because of the stupid driving position, a frozen right foot because of a draught coming through somewhere in the footwell, and a burned left ankle courtesy of a very focused heater vent which only did 'freeze' or 'scald'.

After the trial (which had to be done in total darkness, no vehicle lights) at about 11pm I started the thing to head home. Started OK, but sadly, the lights beyond sidelights wouldn't come on. Salisbury Plain is VERY dark, and it was impossible to drive so I went in convoy with another vehicle. Arriving back at Bulford camp, I set about trying to fix the lights. Fuse OK, but after wrenching the fuse box cover off, I couldn't get it back on, so threw it away.

I checked the switch, as it seemed if I held the switch at a funny angle, I could get the lights to come on. On taking the shroud off to sort out the switch, the switch just fell apart in my hand, with loss of small springs and contacts into various mystery holes in the footwell. I ended up stripping wires and taping them up in order to get lights for the way home.

Getting on the road, the rain came back, so I switched the wipers on. Oh joy, the wipers get to vertical and stop! I get out and pull them incase they're just jammed, but no - lifeless. Now angry, I drove the 2 hours home very slowly with no wipers, telling the chap who looks after the vehicles that I would NEVER take the thing anywhere EVER again! (And I didn't)

So take it from me - they're cr@p!

PS, the V8 Disco was better, and quite good fun, but broke too much - and the 2.5TDi was nice to drive but again, broke too much. These breakages just seem to be accepted as the norm by owners. Dunno why. I wouldn't accept it!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Im with you on that Andy!

I had a disco for a while an the service history book was HUGE!

Made war an peace look like a bedtime story, So much had gone wrong with it.

Just 2 days after i sold it, both sunroofs leaked heavily. one door card fell apart and the other one had a broken handle. It would just about go into 2nd gear followed by a nice crunch.

On the motorway it was nice, better then a surf. But i never really use motorways!

The whole thing was schite. shame really as i love the looks of the Disco 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                      It wasn't a landie that drove to the magnetic north pole
                      I wonder why they did not use a landrover....

How i describe the difference to friends, dismantle anything electrical on a Landrover-- Range rover..and it usually falls apart in your hands, on a Toyota its almost like new ..
                      Last edited by Vultch; 6 December 2007, 18:51.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots

"People that drive off road all week for their jobs would always choose a Land Rover."
                        WRONG

All week in a Landy - uncomfortable but does the job.
                        All week in a Surf - very comfy and does the job brilliantly.

I have both a Landy 90 and Surf

Jacqueline

Comment

The landrover owners wouldn't be so vocal if they weren't so worried they had made the wrong choice.
                          As several before me have said look to the places in the world where reliablility offroad is eccential and you won't find many landrovers.

I have seen them go over extreme stuff but surfs are close behind and the defenders are nowhere near behind surfs on the way home.
                          For me my surf is mostly on the road often towing/hauling sometimes playing in the mud with a budget of a few grand I wouldn't go near a Landrover for that.
                          Darren

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                            i love land rovers
                            fine, but you own a Surf
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

hmmm adaption.....if u wanna go in the woods,use a landrover,if u wanna get back out use a surf!!lol

Comment

Land Rovers are in for 1 hell of a sales drive soon

With the possible sales to an Indian motor manufacturer how long before you get a free freelander with every curry ?

Buy a vindaloo and get a free defender - you know your bum will need it
                                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                                X