Moral dilemma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral dilemma.

What would you do..... say someone brought something off you 6 months ago, but you forgot to let them know the final cost, despite them asking a couple of times immediatly afterwards.

Would to be wrong to get in touch again after this amount of time and ask for the money.

Personally, I feel bad about doing it and would rather let it go, but desperatly skint ATM.

Opinions please................
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

You don't ask, You don't get. Why would you worry about asking, you had the decency to let them have it 6 months interest free, time to call in payments dude.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      What would you do..... say someone brought something off you 6 months ago, but you forgot to let them know the final cost, despite them asking a couple of times immediatly afterwards.

Would to be wrong to get in touch again after this amount of time and ask for the money.

Personally, I feel bad about doing it and would rather let it go, but desperatly skint ATM.

The moral dilemma should be aviod by his willingness to pay up he bought and has an obligation to pay send the bill mate
      Brian

Comment

I know what you mean Tony, Id be the same. I'd feel bad about asking.

I guess it depends on the money, if its like £100 for somet... then its not a huuuge amount of money an the customer could probably get it to you no problems.

If it was a lot of work/parts an ran into thousands... that kind of money might be hard for them to get hold of in short notice, despite the fact that its owed to you.

but i guess a phone call is the only way to sort it out.

Comment

Well, I think (IMO) it depends on a couple of things - how much it is - and how you left it......

If the person knows how busy you have been, and is/was appreciative at the time you are in a better position to ask - what I would do, it broach the subject tactfully, maybe see if you can break it into smaller amounts over a period of weeks/months if possible and see how it goes.....

You are an honest guy who works very hard, and offers a lot of help and support either personally or via the forum, and hold a high degree of credibility, respect and integrity so you should be able to ask without reproach....
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

no i would ask tony, you a busy man with all the work youve been doing lately trucks n horse thing n idiots trying to close you down,which reminds me i got to sort out you n stein also. so no you wouldnt be doing wrong asking.

Comment

Well Tony, you do seem to make a habit of it mate!

Can you BILL MEfor the stuff I bought a few weeks ago? I'll pay you and your cash machine will no longer laugh at you!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

See, told you he wouldn't mind

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Well Tony, you do seem to make a habit of it mate!

Can you BILL MEfor the stuff I bought a few weeks ago? I'll pay you and your cash machine will no longer laugh at you!

See my problem!!!

Memory like a sieve!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                    See, told you he wouldn't mind
                    Apache's only been a week or so.

Comment

With any luck he will read this thread a make a guilt payment quickly
                      Brian

Comment

I know but nothing like getting in early eh! (i was joking you know)

Things are expensive enough these days without giving them away, be it services, parts, whatever. No-one expects anything for nothing and i think you'll find they might have forgotten so just say you've been in contact with your overseas partners and finally agreed a price, swiftly followed by an invoice. Works every time. I work for myself and in the past invoiced as late as 4 months. Payments still come through in the end.

Comment

Its things like this that are my reason for paying cash on collection for the stuff im gonna be getting off u this month.
                          By paying when i collect the stuff, there will be no hard feelings by either of us in the future. Cos u wont have to ask me for money when im skint.
                          Hope that makes sense.

Comment

PM me the amount, Vicki will do a bank transfer tonight. She understands how to do these modern internetty things...
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                              With any luck he will read this thread a make a guilt payment quickly
                              im trying to honest i am

Comment

Working...
                              X