PDF format thingy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF format thingy.

Was going to start doing a write up on how i made my wich bumper. What format would be best??? Is PDF even a format,is that what my adobe acrobat thingy opens. Was going to do the write up on photo draw( since its the only one i know i've got and how to use). But how would i make it viewableor downloadable for others to see????

Cheers.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

PDF is by far the best option. It is a totally platform independent format. I'll dig out the link to download a PDF print driver, which will convert your document to PDF.

Edit: Btw, if you want to e-mail it over when you've done it, I can pop it up on the downloads server.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      PDF is by far the best option. It is a totally platform independent format. I'll dig out the link to download a PDF print driver, which will convert your document to PDF.
      Cheers Matt. Can i use my Microsoft Photo Draw to do the work??? Seen adobe have an on line thing (not sure exactly what) but you need to pay $10 a month

Comment

if you got Office 2007 you can convert to PDF with an add on. If not use http://www.primopdf.com/
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

Edit: Btw, if you want to e-mail it over when you've done it, I can pop it up on the downloads server.

No probs Matt,was thinking i could put it on here then you could put it onto yours if you think its ok.

Comment

This is my personal favourite.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Comment

PDF is indeed the format used by adobe, it is a very common format and i'm pretty sure almost everyone on the planet with a computer will have software of some sort to read it. The actual PDF editing software can be expensive though, however you can download software to convert other formats to PDF or print a document to a PDF file. This is probably the way to go as you can then use whatever software you want to create the document as long as it has a print function, and use the software to convert it to a PDF and it will create a PDF exact replica as the document would print if you printed it to a normal printer.

Any problem's, sort it out in what you're used to using, email it to me and i'll create a PDF of it and send it back.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
                No probs Matt,was thinking i could put it on here then you could put it onto yours if you think its ok.
                Cheers. Can you upload PDF's on here, btw?

Comment

Was going to start doing a write up on how i made my wich bumper. What format would be best??? Is PDF even a format,is that what my adobe acrobat thingy opens. Was going to do the write up on photo draw( since its the only one i know i've got and how to use). But how would i make it viewableor downloadable for others to see????

Cheers.
                  PDF is indeed a format, with the big advantage that it is a cross-platform (i.e. Windows/Mac/Linux etc) format. Generally speaking, unless you want to spend a fortune on a the version of Adobe Acrobat, most people get one of the free PDF printer drivers. They work by letting your application (whatever it is) 'print' to a PDF document rather than a printer. Quite clever really.

Check here for some options.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Maybe i should try less waffle next time, i might get the reply in while it's still relevant
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                      Maybe i should try less waffle next time, i might get the reply in while it's still relevant

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                        Well, you still managed to beat me by a whole 6 minutes. Bugger!
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Cheers,guys. I'll check them out.

Comment

Right. Got all my pages saved to PDF format. They are all seperate though ( 5 pages) How can i get them onto one folder thingy????????

Plus they are to big to put on here

Comment

Cheers.
                              This is the best pdf converter I have found easy to use and can be used for all.
                              http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/Cute...ter.asp:grin2:
                              Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
                              X