Tescos Price Hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tescos Price Hike

I know they weren't the cheapest to start with, but the Woolwell Tescos in Plymouth has jump the price of Veg Oil from £0.70/litre all the way up to £1.10/litre -- more than regular Diesel!

Will pull out some cash and try Plymouth Biofuels tomorrow...

Mate goto asda. they do 15lts of KTC oil for £8.20.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
      I know they weren't the cheapest to start with, but the Woolwell Tescos in Plymouth has jump the price of Veg Oil from £0.70/litre all the way up to £1.10/litre -- more than regular Diesel!

Will pull out some cash and try Plymouth Biofuels tomorrow...
      just bought "pura" from tesco for 56p per litre
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Same as everything else, something becomes popular so the retailers hike the price up. It's just greed I tell ya, greed, the main downfall of this country!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Same as everything else, something becomes popular so the retailers hike the price up. It's just greed I tell ya, greed, the main downfall of this country!
          yeah - what he said - and what makes it's worse is... i seem to remember you telling us this would happen didn't you Mr Whacker!
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
            yeah - what he said - and what makes it's worse is... i seem to remember you telling us this would happen didn't you Mr Whacker!

Hehehehehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Hehehehehe!!
              stop laughing yer rotter - since putting new tyres on i'm down to about 19mpg that cheapo veggie made it seem ok !
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

I got a load of Pura last weekend from Tesco for 56p too.

They're doing KTC in 15 litre drums which works out at about 65p, bought some of them too.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

They're doing KTC in 15 litre drums which works out at about 65p, bought some of them too.
                  Might just be mine then, but the KTC was £16 for 15 litres! (used to be around £8)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

when i got mine yesterday i asked a shelf stacker if he could get me a box from out the back - he dissapeared for about 5 mins, came back and said he wasn't allowed which is fair enough (not his fault) so i then emptied the shelf of all the "pura", he looked at me and said "pathetic isn't it, i'm going to have to go and get a box from out the back now and restack it", i advised him to get two which he did so i then took a load more !
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

It seems to be regional. My local Tescos has rocketed the price of the 10ltr bottles of KTC, and the 15ltr drums are around 67p/ltr. The 56p/ltr corn oil has shelf space, but there is virtually never any there.

Asda have stopped stocking any of the bigger bottles, and the 3ltr ones are over 70p/ltr.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                        It seems to be regional. My local Tescos has rocketed the price of the 10ltr bottles of KTC, and the 15ltr drums are around 67p/ltr. The 56p/ltr corn oil has shelf space, but there is virtually never any there.

Asda have stopped stocking any of the bigger bottles, and the 3ltr ones are over 70p/ltr.
                        with the amount of free advertising we give the supermarkets they should be donating to the forum ! who needs spice girls and julie walters
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Follow up:
                          Went to Plymouth Biofuels, got 40 litres in nice big containers (with handles no less )

Worked out at 55p/litre, for WVO that's been filtered settled & siphoned for you... not bad.

The guy who runs the place is a bit new-agey for my tastes, but nice enough.

If you're in the Plymouth area, check 'em out... and tell 'em Iain sent you.

HERE:
                          http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...8712&z=17&om=1

On Follow signs for Newnham Ind. Est., go up Lister Close -- they're on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
                            Follow up:
                            Went to Plymouth Biofuels, got 40 litres in nice big containers (with handles no less )

Worked out at 55p/litre, for WVO that's been filtered settled & siphoned for you... not bad.

The guy who runs the place is a bit new-agey for my tastes, but nice enough.

If you're in the Plymouth area, check 'em out... and tell 'em Iain sent you.

HERE:
                            http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...8712&z=17&om=1

On Follow signs for Newnham Ind. Est., go up Lister Close -- they're on the left.
                            that is VERY cheap, my nearest bio place is 86p per litre
                            Bunkle
                            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                              that is VERY cheap, my nearest bio place is 86p per litre
                              It's not bio. Just filtered WVO.

Comment

Working...
                              X