diesel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel leak

just purchased a toyota hilux surf and been told that when stood up for a long period of time it leaks fuel.is this common cos been told it is?

Originally posted by jamieC
    just purchased a toyota hilux surf and been told that when stood up for a long period of time it leaks fuel.is this common cos been told it is?

False. The fuel pump can leak if the top seal has gone, normally caused by using veg oil.

Comment

hi and welcome

i've never heard of this being a common prob. do you know where it is leaking from?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
        hi and welcome

i've never heard of this being a common prob. do you know where it is leaking from?
        a toyota surf
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

do you know how much it would be to get a diesel pump fixed? and also when i'm driving at 60mph it bleeps from the dashboard any help on that? thanks

Comment

do you know how much it would be to get a diesel pump fixed? and also when i'm driving at 60mph it bleeps from the dashboard any help on that? thanks
            4wd 4wd 4wd
            Switch the 4wd off NOW!!
            Welcome too.
            Or maybe just an annoying speed bell.
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

hmnn, It could be the speed bell... not sure what 60mph is in Kms.

The japs had the idea of putting in an annoying bell to tell you to slow down!

I'll have a hunt, Somewhere is a guide to taking the bl**dy thing out!

Comment

You need to get at the rear of the dash clocks. Theres a small box fixed to the back of the speedo, snip the yellow wire that comes out of it.

Comment

my truck must have had the 'snip' already, no beeping at 90mph
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
                    my truck must have had the 'snip' already, no beeping at 90mph

(mine wouldnt be beeping,more like screaming)
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X