No announcement yet.

What a miserable lot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More importantly - What went wrong mate?!?

Its it fatal, Shotgun the snorkel!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      If it's safe, i stop for pretty much anyone broken down. 2 of the 4 i think quite possibly were members, although i'll let one of em off coz he only registered a couple of weeks ago, and didn't come from the easiest direction to stop, i was in the top of the sliproad and he came round the roundabout.

The other one i'll let off because i'm not sure it was him, and if it was i already owe him big time for helpin us out last time i cocked it up at woodlands?

Yes, it was ontime that picked me up.

I knew the guy in the paj too, i went laning with him a couple of weeks back, and he had also been at woodlands today.
      wa hey,did they look after u?all good?

Comment

last time I stopped for someone I ended up towing a Transit with 3 blokes in it and the back full of joinery gear for 2 miles.

they did give me £20 for my trouble and said thanks though.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Last time i stopped to help someone, it was a guy with a 4.0ltr petrol Jeep cherokee.

Got it started again an off it went! Dont think i did much - just did the whole support thing!

Comment

Well, he winched us onto the bed while i sat in it and steered, left his winch attached to the tow hook on the surf, and only strapped two wheels, but it got me home ok so i'm not complaining.

At the moment i suspect an oil seal or somethin in the turbo, but i'll investigate more tomorrow once i've cleaned her up a bit. I'm probably being over cautious and it'll be somethin simple or just damp related and will be ok when it's dried out.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Well, he winched us onto the bed while i sat in it and steered, left his winch attached to the tow hook on the surf, and only strapped two wheels, but it got me home ok so i'm not complaining.

At the moment i suspect an oil seal or somethin in the turbo, but i'll investigate more tomorrow once i've cleaned her up a bit. I'm probably being over cautious and it'll be somethin simple or just damp related and will be ok when it's dried out.
              I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate, its a pain in the butt when they die!

Comment

i know i own a 3 gen but no one acknowledges me, i feel so lonely...........
                2 gen owners are in the club, no one recognize..................... .............................. ....... sod it im to pirate stormed to get what i wanted to say to come accross right
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

always best to air on side of caution,and he should leave winch attached,but not u in car while winchin,and def 4 straps,a phonecall to kent methinks in mornin!wot sort of time was it?

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
                    i know i own a 3 gen but no one acknowledges me, i feel so lonely...........
                    2 gen owners are in the club, no one recognize..................... .............................. ....... sod it im to pirate stormed to get what i wanted to say to come accross right
                    lol so wot yr sayin is,yr annoyed cause it looks like all the other 4x4's?lolol

Comment

Last couple of times i've stopped i dunno what the problem was, but they had no lights in the outside lane of a dual carriageway as it was starting to get dark so i pulled up behind em with hazards and reverse lights on til the aa got there. Police pulled up and thanked me then carried on their merry way. Time before that a big black guy was tryin to push a vectra estate 3/4 of a mile home with his wife and baby in, so i towed him home.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

u shud hear/see sum of the stuff i see lol,sum is quite amusin lol

Comment

Last couple of times i've stopped i dunno what the problem was, but they had no lights in the outside lane of a dual carriageway as it was starting to get dark so i pulled up behind em with hazards and reverse lights on til the aa got there. Police pulled up and thanked me then carried on their merry way. Time before that a big black guy was tryin to push a vectra estate 3/4 of a mile home with his wife and baby in, so i towed him home.

I bet that guy was damn greatful!

The other day on the avenue in southampton (busy road!) some guys vauxhall had broken down. He was trying his hardest to push the thing onto the pavement, people just sat there blowing there horns at him.

People can be a$$holes ..... just listen to the radio 2 listeners who call in! Daamn they are some miserable $$$$$$$s

Comment

After a good nights sleep, and a nice nice clean power shower, and a clear head to think about it with, the old girls turbo seems ok. The clatter remains untraced, but has gone, power steering belt is loose, so will be tensioned later on.

The smoke i think is down to a knackered injector, some of you will recall i had problems which were put down to injectors before, so i knew they were on the list to need looking at anyway. The reason i'm thinking this is 2 fold:

1 - the smoke is black, indicating rich fuel mix rather than blue which would indicate oil being burned. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong/misguided). The smoke clears after the initial rev, it isn't really noticable at idle it's just when you first rev the engine after it's been at idle for a second or two.

2 - the noise has changed to a regular and definate click (rather than a rattle) which comes and goes at idle, but is not really noticable whilst driving.

Any thoughts on the above?
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

After a good nights sleep, and a nice nice clean power shower, and a clear head to think about it with, the old girls turbo seems ok. The clatter remains untraced, but has gone, power steering belt is loose, so will be tensioned later on.

The smoke i think is down to a knackered injector, some of you will recall i had problems which were put down to injectors before, so i knew they were on the list to need looking at anyway. The reason i'm thinking this is 2 fold:

1 - the smoke is black, indicating rich fuel mix rather than blue which would indicate oil being burned. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong/misguided). The smoke clears after the initial rev, it isn't really noticable at idle it's just when you first rev the engine after it's been at idle for a second or two.

2 - the noise has changed to a regular and definate click (rather than a rattle) which comes and goes at idle, but is not really noticable whilst driving.

Any thoughts on the above?
                              id go along with that!

Comment

ian ??? what ??
                                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                                X