What a miserable lot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a miserable lot...

..surf owners are, whilst awaiting a recovery vehicle just off the M20 J7 roundabout today, no less than 4 surfs passed me. Not one even acknowledged me let alone stopped to offer a hand. I got a few nods and thumbsups from other 4x4s, but not even a glance from any of the surfs that passed.

In fact, sod it, i'm sellin up and buyin a mitsubishi [yeah right ], but it is true that the only person that actually stopped was driving a pajero.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Originally posted by nero279
    ..surf owners are, whilst awaiting a recovery vehicle just off the M20 J7 roundabout today, no less than 4 surfs passed me. Not one even acknowledged me let alone stopped to offer a hand. I got a few nods and thumbsups from other 4x4s, but not even a glance from any of the surfs that passed.

In fact, sod it, i'm sellin up and buyin a mitsubishi [yeah right ], but it is true that the only person that actually stopped was driving a pajero.
    The other makes where just laughing at you!

I'd have stopped, but you know, it was raining and the car was lovely and warm..........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sorry to hear you got probs mate bet all the surfs that passed you was saying bet thats a 2.4
      doubt if they was members on here
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Yeah know what you mean, there's quite a few surfs round here and ports and i've never got a wave, thumbs up, kiss my arse or owt, got a real frendly (un solicited) wave and thumb from a guy driveing an american van tho and a couple of nods from paj drivers, sod the surfers
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Face it guys, to some people who own them, a Surf is just another means of transport. Just because we wax lyrical about them doesn't mean that others share our passion (unfortunately)!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I would have stopped .

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
              Face it guys, to some people who own them, a Surf is just another means of transport. Just because we wax lyrical about them doesn't mean that others share our passion (unfortunately)!

thats true spoke to a few people with surfs around here dont even know what engines in them
              had a s3 landy everyone s3 i passed used to flash there lights or wave
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

tend only to get any acknowledgement from the older surfs...the newer ones are mostly owned by people who just see it as a cheap chelsea tractor.
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I would have stopped mate!

I'm sure all members on here would have.

I've put flyers on several I've seen in carparks, and none have ever turned up here! Miserable bu66ers!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The truth of the matter is there is a hard core of about 200-300 on here the rest are not so friendly .......that number over the uk are spread very thin

Oh and i would have checked you were ok
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I've stopped for other vehicles before now, if they were in a dodgy place such as a dark country lane.

Again, if all us 4x4 owners did that it would be another step in letting the world know we're not bunny-squashing, deer-crushing, pedestrian maming monsters.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

id have stopped....................... if id been given the job lololol,was it ontime that picked u up???

Comment

"oh look a complete stranger's broken down... let's help!"

i don't think so!!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            "oh look a complete stranger's broken down... let's help!"

i don't think so!!
                            depends wot SHE looks like lol

Comment

If it's safe, i stop for pretty much anyone broken down. 2 of the 4 i think quite possibly were members, although i'll let one of em off coz he only registered a couple of weeks ago, and didn't come from the easiest direction to stop, i was in the top of the sliproad and he came round the roundabout.

The other one i'll let off because i'm not sure it was him, and if it was i already owe him big time for helpin us out last time i cocked it up at woodlands?

Yes, it was ontime that picked me up.

I knew the guy in the paj too, i went laning with him a couple of weeks back, and he had also been at woodlands today.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X