Strange Dealer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gavnnik
    It seems he genuinely didn't know about the timing belt and was going on about push rods?

He'll drop in price to £8,500 including a service, mot, 6 months tax, changing the timing belt and a three month warranty.

One thing I did notice was that after a quick start up and 2 min run when he opened the radiator cap it spilt some water (it was under pressure). I seem to recall reading somewhere that this could be a sign of head/gasket problems (or did I just make this up).
    It can be a sign of coolant pressurisation by combustion gasses - all depends really on how much comes out. When mine did it about 2 pints of water came out after only 2 minutes. The only sure check is to get the system pressure tested.

Bear in mind though that there is not a large history of head or gasket failures on 3 litres so I wouldn't worry about it overly much. If the engine heats up quickly then it will pressurise. Normally from cold an engine would not heat up enough to expand the coolant causing qhat you saw. But if it had been run up earlier in the day it might still be warm enough that this happens.

Cheers

Comment

it was a tiny splash - definately not a couple of pints!

Comment

One more think I've jsut remembered.

It only had one battery.

Comment

One more think I've jsut remembered.

It only had one battery.

One is OK, more was optional.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Sounds like you've got a good 'un there mate.

Paid £12K for mine (though it only had 21K on the clock) engine bay was so clean it looked like it had never turned a wheel in anger!

See if you can get a tow hitch put on as well. You may not need it, but it'll save your arse off roading and you just never know when you want one.

6 months tax and a full MOT are standard as is a 6 month waranty.

I've had mine nearly a year now and I still love it!

Comment

Well I bought it.

Tried a Mitsubishi Challenger as well but it didn't come close.

£8,500 with a service, cambelt change, 5 new tyres, CAT1 immobiliser, full MOT, 6 months tax and three month warranty.

I think it's a bit of a bargain but I guess time will tell.

I'll put some pictures up after I've picked it up next weekend.

Comment

Well I bought it.

£8,500 with a service, cambelt change, 5 new tyres, CAT1 immobiliser, full MOT, 6 months tax and three month warranty.

Nice one m8... can't wait to see the pics!!!
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Well I bought it.

immobiliser only would be cat 2... make sure you don't tell the insurance wrong!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Top stuff mate. Thats the bargin of the week. If it helps, Lifesure insurance dont require Cat 1 or 2 alarms to insure you. I found them reasonable, but it depends on your details obviously.. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X