40% Veggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
    Update on that, i have switched to unleaded now cos the power difference is much better, i have a conversion for 100% but this time of year in order to switch early 10% unleaded helps.

Popeye is now the master craftsman (sorry Craftsperson) on veg systems, but if you want a quick easy basic one unit solution, then the vow2-DW works well, it has electric heating and then when water is warm switches off and lets coolant do the work.

Youll find it here:

http://www.vow2.co.uk/ordering.htm

7th one down

Craftsperson!!! not me, i'm just bumbleing along
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I'm always a little nervous of glow-plug based solutions... they need regulating and could quite easily boil regular diesel -- hence the PTC ceramics.

Eventually I'd like to get a proper twin-pump & swirl-tank setup going; plus an extra 50litres of fuel carrying capacity.

Was also sketching out a high-pressure filtration system between two tanks (one 50L for clean, one 50L for dirty) so I could use not-so-filtered Oil where I could get it on my travels...

... but first, South West Water sent me a red letter this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
        Craftsperson!!! not me, i'm just bumbleing along
        Thats like saying the lambo mercialargo bumbles along
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
          I'm always a little nervous of glow-plug based solutions... they need regulating and could quite easily boil regular diesel -- hence the PTC ceramics.

Eventually I'd like to get a proper twin-pump & swirl-tank setup going; plus an extra 50litres of fuel carrying capacity.

Was also sketching out a high-pressure filtration system between two tanks (one 50L for clean, one 50L for dirty) so I could use no-so-filtered Oil where I could get it on my travels...

... but first, South West Water sent me a red letter this morning!
          Thats why you switch it off on reg diesel, but the idea being that you can consistantly use veg oil blends to a higher percentage, i understand that the coolant heats aswell but if you use a tapped T-piece its easy to switch, for those who want a cheap system its ideal as swirl jobs whilst highly effective are bl00dy expensive!!!!
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
            I've put 40% veggie oil in my surf today, is that too much for this time of year?
            50/50 was too much for me on old glow plugs, it just turned over and over for ages, then i had to re-heat them to get it to start!
            changed glow plugs to brand new toyots ones and although only 3 are working, it starts 1st time on 50/50 and i can crank as soon as the light goes out, dont need to wait for the beep any more. so i can probably run more than 50% veg if i wait for the beep
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well done andy62 !! ! let me/us know how things are going ! i want to swap over to at least 1/3 cooking oil this time of year ! have you got a spare fuel filter and means of changing it ! is that an easy thing to do ? apperantly you may need to after swapping ? PLEASE let me know i'm on the cusp of swapping ! j reg 2446 turbo. . . .

thanks richard
              " loving my surf "

Comment

If it's the first time your useing veg then after a couple of weeks it's not a bad idea to change filters, it's easy to change if thats what you mean, just unplug the water sensor and un screw the old one and screw on the new, refit the sensor, ya get a new sensor "o" ring with the new filter,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I had to change my filter after just 1000 miles but the next one has lasted 7000 miles and is ready for a change now i think.
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

nice one chaps ! some good info !
                    thanks guys !
                    " loving my surf "

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy33
                      well done andy62 !! ! let me/us know how things are going ! i want to swap over to at least 1/3 cooking oil this time of year ! have you got a spare fuel filter and means of changing it ! is that an easy thing to do ? apperantly you may need to after swapping ? PLEASE let me know i'm on the cusp of swapping ! j reg 2446 turbo. . . .

thanks richard
                      I've got a spare filter in the glove box, just in case...
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                      X