Replacing Quaterlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Quaterlight

Hi All, some scumbag smashed the passenger door driver side quaterlight (triangular glass) and stole my GPS from my 91 Surf. I have bought a new piece of glass but can anyone give me any advice on how to fit it. Thanks in advance Mixedgas

Never done it on a surf but from passed experience you'll need to remove the drop glass and channel, look behind the channel rubber and see if there are any screws holding the qts glass rubber and likewise maybe under the weather strip on the door edge, if none it'll probably just push out and may have sealer of some sort on it, soapy water or fairy lqid will help in pushing it back in,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
      Never done it on a surf but from passed experience you'll need to remove the drop glass and channel, look behind the channel rubber and see if there are any screws holding the qts glass rubber and likewise maybe under the weather strip on the door edge, if none it'll probably just push out and may have sealer of some sort on it, soapy water or fairy lqid will help in pushing it back in,
      Yep there is a couple of cross head screws to remove. easy after that.

Comment

ive seen them get some string, press the glass up against the frame, and then pull the glass into the metal frame by pulling on the string so that it bends the rubber over the frame..
        works on windscreens, dunno about other glass
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

quarterlight

thanks all for your help I'll let you know how I get on Mixedgas

Comment

Working...
          X