top mounted stereo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top mounted stereo???

hi has any one on here got there stereo or cb mounted at roof hight, i no vince has but he is very busy at the moment, just wondered if it was poss, with sunroof!!!! cheers mick

why tho??

Comment

hi !! just got one of them dvd/tv/ stereo things, an its double din, an thought of mounting my rig up top, its a bit biger than normal rifs as its multi banded.

Comment

ahhh i c,sure u cud get sumthin universal??or mount under dash?

Comment

I cant be 100% sure, But i doubt you could get it up there an fitted an working very well, The sunroof sits fairly far forward so kinda messes it all up!!

Personally, i wouldnt want to undertake the task of getting it to fit.

Especially a double din unit... there fairly large, would be right in the way!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            I cant be 100% sure, But i doubt you could get it up there an fitted an working very well, The sunroof sits fairly far forward so kinda messes it all up!!

Personally, i wouldnt want to undertake the task of getting it to fit.

Especially a double din unit... there fairly large, would be right in the way!
            he means double din in stereo hole, cb up top! oh hmmmmmmm iotw?????hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
              he means double din in stereo hole, cb up top! oh hmmmmmmm iotw?????hmmmmm

ahhh bu**er!!

I cant help it!! the 1st post said "mounted a cd player or cb there" an then said hes got a double din!

No way am i sellin my grille now!

Joymic mate, a Cb may be able to be mounted, still going to have issues with the sunroof.

Is it narrow enough to slot into the Ashtray bit?

Comment

cheers b.d.t thought of mounting it under the din unit, hi rod its the cb that i was thinkin of mountin up top, vince has is up there an it looked great.

Comment

ahhh bu**er!!

I cant help it!! the 1st post said "mounted a cd player or cb there" an then said hes got a double din!

No way am i sellin my grille now!

Joymic mate, a Cb may be able to be mounted, still going to have issues with the sunroof.

Is it narrow enough to slot into the Ashtray bit?
                  ashtray in roof?????lol and u were never gonna sell it anyway lolol

Comment

Originally posted by joymic
                    cheers b.d.t thought of mounting it under the din unit, hi rod its the cb that i was thinkin of mountin up top, vince has is up there an it looked great.
                    wot bout removin centre vents?put there??

Comment

ashtray in roof?????lol and u were never gonna sell it anyway lolol

True!!

Comment

True!!
                        how does pod attach to roof anyways???

Comment

how does pod attach to roof anyways???

a bit of 3M tape, But i was sent a tube of Tiger Seal (by a very generous forum member! )

The pod is solid as something solid!!!

I got no worries about it coming off the roof, The lines were perfect with my sunroof, sits just at the right spot!

So yeah, just peel tape back an stick on... if you can get hold of some tiger seal use it!!

An of course... they look AWESOME!

Comment

double sided tape oh er lol

Comment

rod love those bars m8 be nice on skull

Comment

Working...
                              X