• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio

Good idea or Bad Idea.

Any thoughts?
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

depends why you want one, i got one that i only use a few times a year but it does come in handy

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
      Good idea or Bad Idea.

Any thoughts?
      good idea for green-laning n offroading n for keeping in touch with vehicle in front or behind you

Comment

That was my thoughts. I have never used one before and the thought i drilling holes into the bodywork of my truck concerns me some what. The guys I am going off roading with reckon its a pretty important piece of kit to have.

Any thoughts on the best/cheapest place to get one from?

Comment

mapplins are pretty good or ebay

Comment

i borrowed one from p155 - storm sorry pirate-storm in september and i ain't letting him have it back now
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
              That was my thoughts. I have never used one before and the thought i drilling holes into the bodywork of my truck concerns me some what. The guys I am going off roading with reckon its a pretty important piece of kit to have.

Any thoughts on the best/cheapest place to get one from?
              www.thunderpole.co.uk they do some good deals, dont drill holes get a mag mount and put it on the roof or mirror mount on the rear wheel carrier.
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

General public just don't use it as much as in the past, you might get a few farmers or truckers. Off road it is very handy, I have got mine to fit in the dash under the radio.

If you take out one of the bolts from the wheel carrier you can wire it through the truck and look very tidy!!

I had help fitting mine from Tony N

10-4 good buddy,
                "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

i use min every day on the moterway, free update on the traficand ask the truckers were the best brekys are

Comment

Excellent idea,

i personally didn't want a magmount, and drilled a hole above the tailgate to fit the aerial using one of these http://www.4x4cb.com/public/item.cfm?itemID=720 the aerial is still removable by undoing the wing nut, i guess it's just personal taste though.

=========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Have you got a rear mounted spare wheel? If so a small bracket works well - it's what I use. Cable is routed out through one of the little rubbber grommets in the floor of the boot section.
                      My other cars a QUAD
                      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
                        Have you got a rear mounted spare wheel? If so a small bracket works well - it's what I use. Cable is routed out through one of the little rubbber grommets in the floor of the boot section.
                        Yup mine is a rear mounted spare wheel.

I will check it out.

Cheers for all the advice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                          mapplins are pretty good or ebay
                          wouldnt touch maplins they total c@@p n not a good selection just the odd one/two styles you better off going to www.thunderpole.co.uk or www.4x4cb.com

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                            wouldnt touch maplins they total c@@p n not a good selection just the odd one/two styles you better off going to www.thunderpole.co.uk or www.4x4cb.com

I use these people as they're 5 miles from me.

they also have an ebay shop.....
                            http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rocket-Radio-Letchworth

Have a look on their site and phone them (01462 675481)for a price or what ever you need.
                            If you need to collect, let me know and i'll go fetch!!!!

Cheers
                            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                              so your saying my cb's $$$$ then will as i got mine from there

Comment

Working...
                              X