Spot lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot lights

Can anyone recommend any decent quality spot and fog lights at a reasonable price. I want to replace yellow Toyota spots on the top of the A bar and get matching fog lights underneath the A bar. Angel eye types would be preferable - I think!

The 8" ProComp ones are good for the front of the truck, but a bit bulky for roof use.

I have two stainless steel ones on the front. They come with 130w bulbs so are usefully bright too - they are a bit pricey at about £55 each.

On the roof I have 6 x Ring Microline rectangular ones (only £15 a pair online!) These are standard 55w driving lamps which I set up to light up around the front of the truck and the 'middle distance' which isn't illuminated by the big spots on the front. The roof lights are useful so I can see better where I'm putting my wheels! Its a very effective setup offroad at night.

None of these are 'angel eye' though.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      The 8" ProComp ones are good for the front of the truck, but a bit bulky for roof use.

I have two stainless steel ones on the front. They come with 130w bulbs so are usefully bright too - they are a bit pricey at about £55 each.

On the roof I have 6 x Ring Microline rectangular ones (only £15 a pair online!) These are standard 55w driving lamps which I set up to light up around the front of the truck and the 'middle distance' which isn't illuminated by the big spots on the front. The roof lights are useful so I can see better where I'm putting my wheels! Its a very effective setup offroad at night.

None of these are 'angel eye' though.

Have you ever had proplems with the alternator not keeping up with the load when off roading at night?
      I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
        Have you ever had proplems with the alternator not keeping up with the load when off roading at night?
        No, not really. The voltage does dip, but if you're in low4 (and if not, why not? ) when you're offroad at night, then your revs are sufficiently high to maintain 14.4v.

Comment

No, not really. The voltage does dip, but if you're in low4 (and if not, why not? ) when you're offroad at night, then your revs are sufficiently high to maintain 14.4v.
          Your setup does look very nice (whole truck in very nice tbh) but I did wonder about that
          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
            Your setup does look very nice (whole truck in very nice tbh) but I did wonder about that
            And the way things are going I (and indeed you) will have nowhere to go in it other than tarmac.

Comment

And the way things are going I (and indeed you) will have nowhere to go in it other than tarmac.

That's what it's getting like around here, in the last 12 months so much is being reclassed as "restricted byways" I thought Wales was going to be safe
              I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by dillypad
                Can anyone recommend any decent quality spot and fog lights at a reasonable price. I want to replace yellow Toyota spots on the top of the A bar and get matching fog lights underneath the A bar. Angel eye types would be preferable - I think!
                I just bought some "Angel Eyes" from roughtrax at £55 the pair, when i opened them they looked better than the piccy on thier site.
                Will be ordering some more soon
                Halfrauds sell Angel Eyes too, but they're £70+
                Cheers
                Paul

Comment

is it the lenses or the bulbs that are yellow? if it's the bulbs take em out and either pull off the yellow globes around them, or just replace the bulbs with clear it looks so much better.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger
                    I just bought some "Angel Eyes" from roughtrax at £55 the pair, when i opened them they looked better than the piccy on thier site.
                    Will be ordering some more soon
                    Halfrauds sell Angel Eyes too, but they're £70+
                    Cheers
                    Paul
                    Thanks - I'll take a look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                      is it the lenses or the bulbs that are yellow? if it's the bulbs take em out and either pull off the yellow globes around them, or just replace the bulbs with clear it looks so much better.
                      It's the lense so I think it will be better just to replace them as they are pretty ugly.

Comment

i was looking at these the other day but alas still been able to afford them at min what with xmas coming up but they look ok n for 4 of them have a look n see what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-X-BLUE-ANGEL...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                          i was looking at these the other day but alas still been able to afford them at min what with xmas coming up but they look ok n for 4 of them have a look n see what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-X-BLUE-ANGEL...QQcmdZViewItem
                          They look a good price. The only worry is, how blue do lights have to be before you attract attention of the boys in blue.

Comment

Originally posted by dillypad
                            They look a good price. The only worry is, how blue do lights have to be before you attract attention of the boys in blue.
                            its only the lens is blue im sure they would shine white m8

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                              its only the lens is blue im sure they would shine white m8
                              Thats good, the new car is light blue so they should look pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X