Imported 2nd gen Hilux!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported 2nd gen Hilux!?

right, first and foremost, im sure all you hilux forum veterans have seen this question posted a thousand times before! but as you can see this is only my second post im sure you wont mind helping me out!!?

anyways, im planning on buying an imported surf from an auction house down at the docks in southampton! now i relise in order to get my newly imported motor through an m.o.t i have to make a few slight modifications i.e fog lights, speedo, etc. but what in actual fact is it that i need to do!?? is it just a case of a bit of rewiring or will i be needing to purchase a few essential extras!?? any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by 4down
    right, first and foremost, im sure all you hilux forum veterans have seen this question posted a thousand times before! but as you can see this is only my second post im sure you wont mind helping me out!!?

anyways, im planning on buying an imported surf from an auction house down at the docks in southampton! now i relise in order to get my newly imported motor through an m.o.t i have to make a few slight modifications i.e fog lights, speedo, etc. but what in actual fact is it that i need to do!?? is it just a case of a bit of rewiring or will i be needing to purchase a few essential extras!?? any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!
    There are a few things you may need to do.

1. Fit a rear fog lamp and switch. Power the switch from the sidelamp circuit so they can't go on without sidelamps. Wire to a relay connected to the battery.
    2. You may need to remove any rear mounted spare - depends on the SVA examiner.
    3. You may need to remove any side window vents - depends on the SVA examiner.
    4. You will need to change the speedo facia for a MPH one. You can get these from Milners.

If the car has already been through an SVA or is over 10 years old then you shouldn't need to do anything as it will have been done for the SVA.

If it is over 10 years old, you will only need to do the speedo and rear fog for an MOT.

Also if you have a sharp eyed examiner, the tyres may not be european approved ones and may fail on that.

Side steps have been known to fail an SVA - depends on how strict the examiner is about sharp edges. Should be OK though.

I'm sure someone else will post anything eles I forgot.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X